Headers

tonycillo

will be putting my headers on real soon. i have heard 2 different ways of getting the bolts out. 1: dont start the engine keep it 100% cold. 2: drive it around the block to warm the block upa bit.

thanks for any info

will be putting my headers on real soon. i have heard 2 different ways of getting the bolts out. 1: dont start the engine keep it 100% cold. 2: drive it around the block to warm the block upa bit.

thanks for any info

i would keep it cold. install them. drive it around and once its warm re-torque....thats how i was told and i did it and i have no leaks

i was just looking for the best way to make sure the bolts come out ez

lots of PB blaster on all the bolts. let set and spray some more. most people will spray every thing down the day before. also use anti-seize compound when re installing all your bolts..

good luck

lots of PB blaster on all the bolts. let set and spray some more. most people will spray every thing down the day before. also use anti-seize compound when re installing all your bolts..

good luck

iamwithstupid.gif that's what i did and i had zero problems.

make sure to get a vid up after your install.

Edited by jc06VMAX (see edit history)

i went with LT pacesetter headers ceramic coated from Texas speed. and flowmaster supper 44's (not sure if they will stay or notquestion.gif). also will use the stock gasket. ill be driving out to my dads house spay the censor.gif out of them. and then again in the morning. them start demoing the exhaustthumb.gif.

ill take a before video, open header and after.

now just need to send MR Wheatley some money to get my tune out here.

It is alot easier to do them from the bottom.

Also it is a good idea to take the front wheels off, and take the inner fenderwells out. There are some clips that hold them to the fenders etc and some clips that hold wires to the inner fender but very easy to take off.

If you take the inner fenders out you can access the spark plugs and all the exhaust bolts from the outside with some extensions and a swivel.

Spray the heck out of the bolts, and get it warn. then respray the bolts again.

I hope you have more luck than I did though. I broke 3 bolts off in the head. Rear bolt on both sides, and front drivers bolt. I had to drill and use an easy out on the front bolt, but had to weld a nut to the rear two to get them out.

Also if you don't plan on using the old cats or manifolds just cut the cats off and remove the manifolds so you don't have to mess with breaking the bolts that connect the cats to the manifolds.