New Cam Going In This Weekend

Yep I actually read that thread the other day, just didn't put 2 in 2 together.

My converter flashes to around 3400 maybe a little higher. The guy that has the cam is a good friend of mine, and knows his stuff pretty good. He thinks it will be better than the cam I have now. I am talking strictly 1/4 mile times. Not street or anything.

Yep I actually read that thread the other day, just didn't put 2 in 2 together.

My converter flashes to around 3400 maybe a little higher. The guy that has the cam is a good friend of mine, and knows his stuff pretty good. He thinks it will be better than the cam I have now. I am talking strictly 1/4 mile times. Not street or anything.

You can see what it flashes to here

th_P1000094.jpg

sounds like you and I have the same "friend" he doesnt happen to live in Georgetown does he? Lemme know how you like that cam...what size stall are you running?

If you talking about Cody. Yep. Hes taught me everything I know from genereal LSx to installs. I do all of his paint work. Hes had some pretty good builds, so I trust his judgement. He says with my stall it will be a good match with this cam

I was actually talking about James, it was his cam from his 5.3L before he blew the motor. I kept trying to tell him to put it in his ls2 but he was too wussy to do it. Anyway, g/l and get some vids up after install and tuning!

I was actually talking about James, it was his cam from his 5.3L before he blew the motor. I kept trying to tell him to put it in his ls2 but he was too wussy to do it. Anyway, g/l and get some vids up after install and tuning!

i believe that is Codys friend. Cody said it was in his friends 5.3l and cody sent it off to get refreshed. I guess its the same cam. I bet it is cody lives in round rock

Yeah that was my cam in the 5.3L. It made 409hp and 392tq @ the RW!!! I ran a best of 12.48 @ 107.xx mph with a 1.69 short time. I achieved all of this in a SCSB 4x4 too. Looking at your set up (converter) it will match the cam very well. I would think with a good tune you could see a 30+hp gain. It will definitely be a day/night different truck when finished. I shifted my truck @ 6800 1-2 and 6500 2-3. With the bigger cubes you may not have to shift it that high. But you will have to see because every truck runs different with mods. This is my two cents worth.

Cody is a good friend of mine and he lives in Austin and I live in Georgetown. I've known Cody for 5+ years.........a lot of people refer to him as my little brother!!!

James

Edited by closet red neck (see edit history)

Dont let me put that cam in your truck Daniel, its going to be slow and of course you need a 5000 stall for it to run good :nopity:

That other thread cracks me up, people think you can actually feel the difference between a 110 and 114 lsa. It may show up on the dyno by a couple hp but the added duration is going to carry the power band on up top. James's truck trapped 108 on a couple runs in an rcsb 4wd truck in a wee little 5.3 and shifted close to 7000 rpm so yeah the power drops off up top. :icon_bs:

That cam in an awd SSS needs a 3000-3200, your 3400 will be perfect, a 3600 is at the very top end of what Id recommend for that cam. 6 years ago when I cammed my old 5.3 I put a 222/224 112 in it and its powerband came on HARD at 3600. Youve got 40 more cubes, half a point of compression and better flowing heads(317s vs. 862s), all of which will shift the point at which that cam really starts making power down into the low 3000 range which you will flash right by with a 3400.

I think you really need to let me throw those ported LS6 heads in while Im doing the cam, another easy 30rwhp :peelout:

You also need to get you some lighter wheels, an intake, built trans and let me build you a 370 its only money tightass :dbanana: