Headers! On!

tonycillo

well i just installed my headers everything went well everything is bolted up. i am having problems with the o2's the not srewing in..... the is ceramic coating in the treads i am gonna have the exhaust shop deal with it on monday when it goes to the shop for the high flow cats and flowmasters.

took me and my brother about 3 hours with a dinner break. :)

nice work man thats a fun job to do lol :banghead::ughdance:

I have my cats deleted wich one are you having issues with just put a bolt or something in the rear ones G/L

i just found out that one of the U join cap bolts are hitting one of the down tubes on the header. so ill be going to nappa to find a bolt that is not hex top and not 1/4 tall head on the bolt.... pisses me off. ill be calling texas speedmad3.gif

there are alot of guys that have small fitment issues with LT's on these trucks. im guessing since you bought them from Texas-Speed you got Pacesetters? I had a set of those on my 03 z-71 5.3L and got very lucky they didnt hit anything. Luckily when i got the LPP's for my SS they fit well too. Its hit or miss sometimes, theres not lot of room under there. Glad you got them on though, g/l fixing the rubbing issue. cheers.gif

there are alot of guys that have small fitment issues with LT's on these trucks.

what you can try is using a pry bar and give it a little tweak. some had frame clearance, issues and a 2x4 worked out well..

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice man. After tha just get it tuned and it should do ya good, lol. I hope to be installing my Dough Thorleys in the morning so I hope I have good luck doing that as you did by doing it in about 3 hours.