Damn Ac

DGIEPSS

hey guys hate to bug you but who has an idea of what would cause ac to work fine on passenger side and hot ass air on driver side its an 03 with the digital ac i was thinking blend door or actuator problem but how would i go about fixing it thanks guys

the drives break all the time on international trucks stepper motors. how exactly do the motors fail on these trucks? does the drive break? does the motor short? do the gears bind?

just curious

Ughhh! My truck was sitting in my garage for months tried to start it today had a dead battery. Recharged the battery and started it up same problem with the cold air blowing on passenger side but blowing hot on driver side man WTH?!! That's some BS... I'm hoping that if I drive it a bit it will start working right.

Just google'd problem and found a fix on website, just tried it & IT WORKED!! If you're battery was dead like mine or changed battery and this A/ C problem happened ( blow hot one side / cold other ) try this...

-Turn ignition.

-Adjust the passenger side to full hot and the drivers side to full cold and put the system in auto mode.

-Then, turn off the ignition and turn it back on. In auto mode you will see the fan speed auto adjusting up and down. -Then, reverse the settings, drivers full hot (90) and the passenger full cold (60). Put it in auto mode and turn off the ignition and then back on.

-Problem solved.

I have the digital A/C controls so I don't know if this will work the same with the reg unit. I had to do this process twice for it to work for me by turning the truck on & off completely. Hope it works for you too!

Edited by CypreSS'TX05 (see edit history)

mine blows cold sometimes. with my cam with the ac on if i come to a stop, the truck drops rpms and bucks a few times as if the compressor was kicking off and on but it usually doenst blow cold at that time.... it also does it with the cruise control on so i hardly use my a/c. its hard to explain so ill have to get a vid of mine doing it.

mine isnt doing quite that...mine just went out completely...i can hear the compressor kicking on and off.. but nothing blows through the vents....all i can think is its my blower motor went out...any help? and sorry to hijack the thread...