Damn Ac

DGIEPSS

mine isnt doing quite that...mine just went out completely...i can hear the compressor kicking on and off.. but nothing blows through the vents....all i can think is its my blower motor went out...any help? and sorry to hijack the thread...

You have no blower speeds at all? That is a telltale sign of a cooked Blower Resistor module...

yeah brother...nothing at all, and just to clarify...i have the digital a/c unit...the only air that i get is when i actually turn the system on and i drive down the road...i can feel a slight amount of cold air being forced through the vents.....thank god for windows

yeah brother...nothing at all, and just to clarify...i have the digital a/c unit...the only air that i get is when i actually turn the system on and i drive down the road...i can feel a slight amount of cold air being forced through the vents.....thank god for windows

Yeah that's the blower resistor module, I had the exact same thing happen to me last year.....

• 2 years later...

You hit the nail on the head, Driver's side blend door actuator is stuck or bad......i'll look up repair info on AllData for you later today....

Any chance you still have access to the repair data on the blend door. My 03 SS was spitting intermittent heat all summer and cold air this winter. All on the driver's side.

Any chance you still have access to the repair data on the blend door. My 03 SS was spitting intermittent heat all summer and cold air this winter. All on the driver's side.

I have a similar issue too but it might be worth a shot for you to help troubleshoot next time. I replaced the blend door actuators two years ago, and it's back. It's annoying, but the fix/troubleshoot I use is to pull over, turn the digital A/C to off, turn off the car/open the door to kill the electrical. Crank back up, and it's reset. Sounds like it's a bad controller since it started happening a few years back when I removed the digital controller to access / install an aftermarket radio and simply re-starting the current to the controller somehow re-sets things. I'm going to try to replace the digital controller on rock auto before trying the blend door fix, FWIW.

I have an 05 with manual controls and same problem.. Blowing hot on pass side,any info on this would be appreciated,of like to get this fixed b4 we hit summer time here in Vegas.