Waking Up Hungover To Someone Yelling My Truck Is Wrecked....

Cowles_SS

Ok guys, grab some popcorn, heres the story shakehead.gif

My buddys and I meet up at a friends house on post because were headed out for a couple rounds. ( Yes, im in the military )

Its a tuesday night and my buddy ( theres 3 of us going out ) says he needs me to drive him to work ( for PT ) really early. Well im on a 4 day pass so I said sure whatever, I'll drive you to work tomorrow. Well, we go out and I ended up having way to much to drink. Well the next morning I wont wake up for anything. ( You know the horrible hangover sleeps where a train wont wake you up? ) So my buddy grabs my keys to my Sss and says i'll be back in an hour after PT so I say w/e, hes responsible and has been driving for a long time. ( hes 23 ) Well I get kicked from my buddy who owns the house about an hour later and says, " Aye, Josh got into a wreck in your truck." At this point my head is splitting so bad im ready to die and now Im panicking about wtf has happened to my truck. I get in the car with my buddy and show up at the accident, theres 3 MP's taking notes and pictures and there lays my baby. This dumb kid ( must of been 19 ) ran into my truck at this crosswalk. This guy's giant SUV ( Ford expedition ) is in a million pieces behind my truck. His airbags went off so I know he was going way over the speed limit, plus his suv is totaled from what it looks like to me. My truck needs a tailgate, a bumper and my bed was knocked a bit sideways and thats all. I'll have pictures up tomorrow for you guys to look at. Everything is being handled by my insurance but heres my question. Am I responsible for paying the deductable for my truck when I wasnt driving or even there? Should his insurance pay for it? The auto shop says 10 business days to fix my truck so hope it goes by quick. Im going to put the truck in the shop at the end of next week. Waiting on the police report to get to my insurance because I dont want to pay anything out of pocket and wait to be givin a check later. Id rather his insurance have one big bill when my truck is done being fixed. Any help??? confused.gif

Thanks,

Nick

sorry to hear man. Never let anybody drive your truck. It's better to wreck it yourself than a friend. Plus now you have this accident between you and he needs to be responsible. Your insurance might go after his insurance. I'd make sure you pay nothing out of pocket. He wrecked it(accident or not) so he needs to pay any out of pocket money(deductible or whatever)

Man sorry to hear about the truck man that is why my plate's say NOCHNCE cause there is no chance that anyone other me and my wife drive my truck!!

You shouldnt have got too drunk to drive him to PT, buddy****er

A word only used by todays military hahaha I love it!!!

Edited by rojo_143 (see edit history)

We used alot more acronyms than that saying but it fits...lol.

The topic title was a little deceiving. At least you weren't the one driving! Whew, that would have sucked even more, especially if it wasn't your fault. I agree with everyone here, you should not have to pay the deductible. Good Luck!