Shocks

BLACKSS06

Hey everybody quick question I bought a used 2006 SS and I want to know what whocks do these trucks come when u buy them new. I don't really know which ones I have in mine right now but don't like they are to jumpy specially in the highway. Thanks

The SS comes with Tenneco shocks from the factory, I replaced mine with Bilsteins at about 45k for the same reason. Here is a recent thread on shocks....

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=64832

Thanks for the info. Also another question, the back of the truck seems to be leveled with the front if I change shocks will it give it that original raise. I try looking to see if it has lowering blocks or something but don't seem to see anything. Thanks

Thanks for the info. Also another question, the back of the truck seems to be leveled with the front if I change shocks will it give it that original raise. I try looking to see if it has lowering blocks or something but don't seem to see anything. Thanks

New shocks that are the proper ones for the vehicle really shouldn't raise ride height. The rear of mine sits a bit higher then your average SSS, but that's because of the hitch delete and spare relocate to the front of the bed....

See how many leafs are in your rear spring packs, 3 is stock(2 leafs & 1 overload spring). Some guys have removed the overload spring in order to drop the back a bit......