Sss Offroad

87sheerips

Ok guys, I can bet I'm not the only one on here with two "sport" trucks. My 94' 2wd Silverado is getting older and I really like to save her for nice days, no rain, and of course store all winter.

I used to have a 6" lifted Z71 before this, and never really did much off-roading but sometimes I had to. Mostly Sand dunes, snow, or backroads to get to a trailhead for riding, etc.

I am wondering where to source that 3M film, for my hood, and maybe some other problematic "paint chip" areas. I really dont want to slap a bug guard on this beauty lol

What shocks would be a great choice all around, or I would go so far as to question how to gain a couple inches of ride height (dont shoot me lol) I run Belltech street performers on my 2wd and they rock! I think I want something more beefy for this truck.

I have All terrains on sierra rims for the winter time, also have mudflaps coming, etc.. to keep my truck clean if and when I have to get dirty. I bought this truck to be a TRUCK so I'm just looking for some insight here.

Also, thinking of dithcing the tonnau for summer time, and going with Rhino Liner. Do you guys have better experience with Rhino Liner or Line-X? I also want to keep that inside the bed rails, of course. I have quads, etc. to haul around so open access to the bed would be nice.

Thx for any input, I thought this could be good discussion pepsicheer.gif

That clear film can cause just as much damage to paint the elements can I've seen it fade, crack and peel. Usually when you go to take it off it will take the paint with it, so repainting be needed anyways.

you could always go for the Rancho adjustable shock so you can dial it in to the ride you want or try the edlebrock performer IAS shock

NIce, yea I was thinking of going with the Edelbrock eventually. Rancho's on the SS would look a little out of place but Im sure it would be nice to have the adjustability lol!!

That clear film can cause just as much damage to paint the elements can I've seen it fade, crack and peel. Usually when you go to take it off it will take the paint with it, so repainting be needed anyways.

Ohh really? Well, thats good to hear. Maybe I will toss a stupid bug guard on this thing. You guys have any links to a nice low-pro option by chance?

Thanks for the feedback fellas