Special Delivery!

rojo_143

no not yet I just got hopefully the correct front shocks in today. Puttin them on tomorrow and hopefuly she'll be road worthy by the weekend. As long and there is not issues with the rear pinion angle fingersx.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Alright got the truck aligned and driveable it rides great compaired to before. The truck sits at alittle over 33 inches from the ground to the lip of the fender except for the rear driverside sits at about 33 and a half due to the gas tank. I am very satisfied with the kit, it was and easy install with a great outcome. The truck rides alittle stiffer but soft at the same time it takes the bumps great and even some bigger ones decent. Huge potholes or bumps are a little rough but not bad. Going around corners now is a blast cause there is almost no body roll. Here are some pics from today go easy on me I know it is dirty but there is not much i can do I live on the wrong side of a dirt road!!! I have been drivin it around for the last couple days it has a vibration under hard acceleration or at higher speeds. So i need to get a shim it but i am unsure of what degree so i have to do some measuring to figure that out. Also how many "nubs" did others with a 4" drop on the back trim off??? I mounted my bump stop directly to the frame and I trimmed off one nub but I still only have about a half inch if that of clearence between the axle and the bump stop.

IMG_1449.jpg

IMG_1452.jpg

IMG_1451.jpg

Sweet, looks great! I had a regular cab 03' that was lowered exactly like that and had the vibration on acceleration but it was so fun to go around corners in just like how you described! pepsicheer.gif Now you just need to wash it up!

* using only rear leaf-spring shackles (without front hangers) will certainly alter pinion angle and introduce vibration that can be felt in the seat and/or floorboard, several have reported that this is corrected with installation of either a 2, 3, or 4-degree shim - the thick part of the shim is oriented to the rear of the spring;

Does that really make sense wouldn't you need the thicker part facing the front to bring down the front of the diff?? any ideas??

yes it makes sense. think about it , says using only shackles not hangers it bring the rear of the leaf higer turning the angle of the rear end downwards , now if you were doing hangers and not shackles it would be the other way . this is why it is critical to get before measurments . also why some who do the shackle/hanger combo they dont report vibrations

on my truck i have a 3 drop in back but i am on the higher setting on the hanger to help keep the truck from bottoming out all the time i had to go to a 4* shim to correct my angle. a full 4" drop out back will need lots of bumpstop cutting to keep from hitting constantly but you will always bottom out on large bumps without a notch.