Mod Question ?

im sure this has been asked a million times but ... i have an 03 sss with just a k&n cone filter and a magnaflow dual in/dual out 3" muffler.. what else is a good cheap mod? will the pipe from the tb to mass air really help ? tune ? headers? any free mods you can do to these trucks ? what would it take to get into the 8's in jthe 1/8 mile ? would like to pick up about 30 more horsepower ... also will a slp mass air work from an 01 z28 ? e fans from a v6 camaro ?

Edited by fastreddevil (see edit history)

your next mods should prob be a tune from a vendor on the site and some long tube headers. then if you plan to go more you should put some money into the trans like a shift kit and vette servo and possibly more depending on what your doing. while your in the trans a stall is a great way to get these truck moving and are pretty fun to drive. then its up to you if you wanna stick n/a or start throwin some boost at it or booth hahaah.

i'd say knock out your supporting mods first before you get your tune.

here is a very helpful link that will get you pointed in the right directions :thumbs:

FAQ

any other questions...just ask, that's what we are here for. :cheers:

i just had my tranny built and i can roast tires and bark em at the shifts, if anything do a shift kit and a converter that wont add any hp it will def. get it to the ground quicker though....u could see a few tenths with just a converter

im sure this has been asked a million times but ... i have an 03 sss with just a k&n cone filter and a magnaflow dual in/dual out 3" muffler.. what else is a good cheap mod? will the pipe from the tb to mass air really help ? tune ? headers? any free mods you can do to these trucks ? what would it take to get into the 8's in jthe 1/8 mile ? would like to pick up about 30 more horsepower ... also will a slp mass air work from an 01 z28 ? e fans from a v6 camaro ?

get some long tubes and would get some e fans that fit a 34" radiator , and as far a free mods lose your spare tire / tow hooks , jack and tools. that weight alone should give you 30 hp lol

e-fans are nice but not necessary. tb coolant bypass and 160*tstat are good starts. tb bypass is free and thermo is really cheap. of course ur gonna need a tune for the 160 but i agree with wody, supporting mods first such as beefing the tranny and checking out the front end.