1/4 Mile Times With 408 & Radix?

Anyone with a 408 and M112 radix blower have any 1/4 mile times.

I recognize that the blower is too small, but lets say the 408 runs mid 12's as an example. If I put the radix on there and it runs 12 teens or even 11's then I would be very happy considering I already have the blower. Also, I can have the cam ground a little different to accomodate the blower considering that it can't efficiently move the air the 408 would want. Plus, I can always upgrade the blower later.

Current combo is:

SS Silverado (2004)

6.0 with GT2/3 cam

M112 blower with 2.8 pulley

JBA shorty headers

Corsa sport catback

Cold air intake setup

Circle D 2800 - Triple Disc

Toy Shop built 4L65-e

Edited by slowfive0 (see edit history)

Anyone with a 408 and M112 radix blower have any 1/4 mile times.

I recognize that the blower is too small, but lets say the 408 runs mid 12's as an example. If I put the radix on there and it runs 12 teens or even 11's then I would be very happy considering I already have the blower. Also, I can have the cam ground a little different to accomodate the blower considering that it can't efficiently move the air the 408 would want. Plus, I can always upgrade the blower later.

Current combo is:

SS Silverado (2004)

6.0 with GT2/3 cam

M112 blower with 2.75 pulley

JBA shorty headers

Corsa sport catback

Cold air intake setup

Circle D 2800 - Triple Disc

Toy Shop built 4L65-e

angry greg (a member on here) has a 408 stroker w\ a radix and he runs 7.8-7.9 1\8 mile if that helps any.....long tube headers would prob help a lil more too

AWD SS's (especially with Maggies) tend to ET pretty good, but don't always have the highest mph's. Just my observations right or wrong. That being said what would a 7.8-7.9 equate to in the 1/4 on one of our trucks? High 11's? That would be perfect for a daily driver pepsicheer.gif

angry greg (a member on here) has a 408 stroker w\ a radix and he runs 7.8-7.9 1\8 mile if that helps any.....long tube headers would prob help a lil more too

The other question to ask is...how many transmissions do you want to replace? The 408 with radix will build gawd awful amounts of low end torque that will shred the best built 4L65E trans. There was another guy who had a radix on a 408, and I recall him going through transmissions in sync with oil changes...well not literally, but I recall someone was having huge trans issues with that setup and might even had to go with a 4L80E, not sure if it was angrygreg or not. Too lazy to search for it.

I say build a wicked forged 370 and boost the snot out of it. A well built 370 with a radix should be able to hit mid 11's. Krambo did high 11's on a cam swap and stock mill with a radix huffing air.

I think unless you will quickly upgrade to the TVS superchargers, you will have headaches with that setup,trans issues aside. I had it put to me this way once - "Putting a radix MP112 on a 408 is like trying to fill your bathtub with a coffee cup..." I forget who said it to me, but it got the point across. I think it was a Magnacharger or Lingenfelter rep.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

AWD SS's (especially with Maggies) tend to ET pretty good, but don't always have the highest mph's. Just my observations right or wrong. That being said what would a 7.8-7.9 equate to in the 1/4 on one of our trucks? High 11's? That would be perfect for a daily driver pepsicheer.gif

Honestly probably a mid 12...from what i have seen you need around mid 7's to get into the 11's

well heres my question...whats the truck run now... and what are u lookin to run..that might be the best question.....i think u have to small of a pulley on the blower now..and its probly runnin really hot and slowin u down

i have a similer setup with a 2.9 pulley with out headers and have gone 12.300 at 111mph..with 1.67 60ft.. and i think theres some left in her

That sounds nice on the surface, but I'm not down on trans/oil changes! LOL! I think I read a post about a broken billet output shaft with a 408/radix combo....If it's making that kind of torque, I bet it would be pretty fast though reddevil.gif

I am open to the 370 combo idea---would be cheaper for sure. Mid 11's??? Really, that would be pretty cool. That is what I wanted to do (370, some good heads or some porting to my stock heads, and a nice cam)......

The other question to ask is...how many transmissions do you want to replace? The 408 with radix will build gawd awful amounts of low end torque that will shred the best built 4L65E trans. There was another guy who had a radix on a 408, and I recall him going through transmissions in sync with oil changes...well not literally, but I recall someone was having huge trans issues with that setup and might even had to go with a 4L80E, not sure if it was angrygreg or not. Too lazy to search for it.

I say build a wicked forged 370 and boost the snot out of it. A well built 370 with a radix should be able to hit mid 11's. Krambo did high 11's on a cam swap and stock mill with a radix huffing air.

I think unless you will quickly upgrade to the TVS superchargers, you will have headaches with that setup,trans issues aside. I had it put to me this way once - "Putting a radix MP112 on a 408 is like trying to fill your bathtub with a coffee cup..." I forget who said it to me, but it got the point across. I think it was a Magnacharger or Lingenfelter rep.

ok, thanks.

Honestly probably a mid 12...from what i have seen you need around mid 7's to get into the 11's

I'd say 12.50-12.80. Will find out later this year. When I got the truck it had the stock pulley and this 2.7 pulley. I'm game to change it if need be. Your 12.30 says need be ;-) No shit, it seemed like the 2.8 was ideal, but maybe not.... lol

well heres my question...whats the truck run now... and what are u lookin to run..that might be the best question.....i think u have to small of a pulley on the blower now..and its probly runnin really hot and slowin u down

i have a similer setup with a 2.9 pulley with out headers and have gone 12.300 at 111mph..with 1.67 60ft.. and i think theres some left in her

I'd say 12.50-12.80. Will find out later this year. When I got the truck it had the stock pulley and this 2.7 pulley. I'm game to change it if need be. Your 12.30 says need be ;-) No shit, it seemed like the 2.8 was ideal, but maybe not.... lol

granted the 12.3 was with smaller lighter wheel tire combo...ive gone round and round about which pulley is best for these trucks...i think the 2.7 is to much pulley with out question...it just gets to hot to fast....the 2.8 and 2.9 is a close... some say the 2.8 still overheats the blower by the end of a 1/4mile run....i know my temps get pretty high with a 2.9 even...if u could keep it cool some how with meth or sprayin nitrous i think the 2.8 might be worth it for sure...

i have another 2.9 pulley if u wanna try it and see if u like it..be happy to sell it too :)..looks like were both in michigan wouldnt be a big deal to get it over to ya

How much difference does the stock 20's make vs the lighter wheels?

Heck yeah, I'd like to try it!!! We'll have to get together and make some passes soon. You ever go to the track? For casual track days like this, I like to go to Ubly or maybe Lapeer although I'll do Milan too. It's just so busy most of the time.

granted the 12.3 was with smaller lighter wheel tire combo...ive gone round and round about which pulley is best for these trucks...i think the 2.7 is to much pulley with out question...it just gets to hot to fast....the 2.8 and 2.9 is a close... some say the 2.8 still overheats the blower by the end of a 1/4mile run....i know my temps get pretty high with a 2.9 even...if u could keep it cool some how with meth or sprayin nitrous i think the 2.8 might be worth it for sure...

i have another 2.9 pulley if u wanna try it and see if u like it..be happy to sell it too smile.gif..looks like were both in michigan wouldnt be a big deal to get it over to ya

not sure on the stock 20s...ive got 22s on my truck..and i put some 16s with some tiny 225..55 or something like that..bs tire.. and went from a 12.7 at 104 to a 12.3 at 111 ...soo it can make a huge differance..

ya i love goin to the track.. being in lansing i right between goin go milan or stanton..never run at lapeer or ugly..there open up the old onodaga dragway..which is like 10mins from my house...so ive got it made!!haha

WOW!!! What's a difference! We'll definitely have to get together and run 'em at the track.

not sure on the stock 20s...ive got 22s on my truck..and i put some 16s with some tiny 225..55 or something like that..bs tire.. and went from a 12.7 at 104 to a 12.3 at 111 ...soo it can make a huge differance..

ya i love goin to the track.. being in lansing i right between goin go milan or stanton..never run at lapeer or ugly..there open up the old onodaga dragway..which is like 10mins from my house...so ive got it made!!haha

It's Fuelsluts old ride. I like to stock look---usually less people screw with your shit when it doesn't look all crazy and it is my daily driver so for sure not a garage queen. I love these trucks!!!!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/792993

any pics of your truck? il have to start keepin an eye out for it

NO DOUBT!!! Some days like today (90+ with high humidity) vs the winter time air......Feels like the truck picks up a second! LMAO!

I run a 2.8 and my temps sky rocket BUT I live in texas and there is nothing you can really do to avoid that with a radix.