So I Went To The Drag Strip...

yfz450_0569

1/8 mile drag is the only local one so that's the one we always hit up. I ran a 9.90 best, all my truck has is Magnaflow muffler and a spectra drop-in filter and I did take the tailgate and spare tire off to race. Is this a pretty good time or does my truck need something? I have a friend that ran 9.90 in a stock 5.3 chevy single cab 2wd also with the spare and tailgate off so I really wish I could do better.

It was a pretty warm day 100+ during the day and in the even when I ran it probably cooled off to around 90. I'm thinking the AWD slows it down a lot too, anybody know what a stock '05 or '06 runs? If that makes a huge difference it's going off I think cuz then I right aways get better fuel mileage. I plan on getting a tune though as soon as I can get caught up with all my money...

What was the weather like? You now need a good tune. That should put you down to atleast 9.5X or maybe a little quicker.

What does your truck all have to run 14.18? That's pretty dang quick if you're nearly stock I think.. You think I could almost run that with a tune? Or at least if I disabled my AWD?

A good tune will help you out alot. The stock tune's make the trucks nosedive a bit when it comes to shiftpoints. That right out of the gate will pick you up some time. As well as a good calibration with whatever bolt on's you do will go a really long way.

If you are in Texas Check out Wheatley he does some really nice work.

Keep at it our trucks are alot of fun at the track

What does your truck all have to run 14.18? That's pretty dang quick if you're nearly stock I think.. You think I could almost run that with a tune? Or at least if I disabled my AWD?

The day I ran the 14.18, I had a MAC cai, Flowmaster exhaust w/ cutouts open, SLP 160* t-stat, a tune, and no tailgate or spare tire.. The track I race at is nearly sea level and the weather was perfect that day.

The day I ran the 14.18, I had a MAC cai, Flowmaster exhaust w/ cutouts open, SLP 160* t-stat, a tune, and no tailgate or spare tire.. The track I race at is nearly sea level and the weather was perfect that day.

Wow that sounds real good! what's with the 160* t-stat I keep hearing about? And I'm not far above sea level either, maybe about 500 ft or so.

What dose a stock 05-06 SS run in the 1/4?

I ran a 15.2 in my RWD 05 SSS at Fontana Speedway. It was 96°F, Mods: CAI, Blackbear tune, and fiberglass tonneu cover. Dyno-ed 325hp/371tq and the truck weight 4970 lbs.

I ran a 15.2 in my RWD 05 SSS at Fontana Speedway. It was 96°F, Mods: CAI, Blackbear tune, and fiberglass tonneu cover. Dyno-ed 325hp/371tq and the truck weight 4970 lbs.

Thats some nice TQ numbers.

I ran VERY consistent 9.6s with my completely bone stock 04 AWD SS.