G8 Gt With Kooks 1 7/8 Long Tube Headers

Chadoo951

Hey guys. Just wanted to post a update for some people to see.

Its a 2009 g8 gt. Performance mods so far are a intake, tune, staggered wheels and big sticky tires out back, solo mach shorty exhaust system, and kooks 1 7/8 long tube headers with high flow cats.

Next going in is a torque converter, and a cam.

here is a video for you guys. Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKL_LG6_qyo&feature=player_embedded

Thanks guys!.

This video DOES NOT give this car justice!!. You'd have to feel it in person.

We had to soften the tune up once we added the timming for the headers. Prior to the headers I was chirping the tires going into 3rd gear at 75mph on the freeway. Which was fine. But once we added the headers it spun so bad going into 3rd gear it would kick the back end out. So in sport mode (what I was in during the video) we tuned it down so that it doesnt spin so badly going into 2nd, and so that id doesn't chirp 3rd at all.

But in Manual mode. It will still lay down black patches of rubber when going into 2nd and spin hard going into 3rd. Manual mode is just for me to be loud and annoying and to show off in.

This is the video I took BEFORE I got my headers and a retune. This is me chirping 3rd on the freeway lol!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0maqVrVGyE

nice chad that thing is a monster i want onepepsicheer.gif

Thanks man. You have to see it in person.

I was at a red light on 19th street getting ready to turn onto newport blvd and get onto the 55 fwy. And greg pulls up right next to me in his jeep with his wife. And I was honking and everything and didnt get anything hahahah. Ohh well.

I think you guys will like the sound alot better in person.

Thanks man. You have to see it in person.

I was at a red light on 19th street getting ready to turn onto newport blvd and get onto the 55 fwy. And greg pulls up right next to me in his jeep with his wife. And I was honking and everything and didnt get anything hahahah. Ohh well.

I think you guys will like the sound alot better in person.

haha did they know it was u....i will be installing my blower and gettin it dyno tuned on sat. we should hit the track when it gets a lil cooler.....once again man love the ride thumbsup.gif

haha did they know it was u....i will be installing my blower and gettin it dyno tuned on sat. we should hit the track when it gets a lil cooler.....once again man love the ride thumbsup.gif

Where are you installing your blower??? I have saturday off for the first time in a ba-jillion years and have nothing planned. Maybe I can swing by and check out the process?

How is your front end holding up. My cousin's has been rebuilt many times and is under 30K on the clock. Just curious.

Kick-ass ride you have man!

I havnt heard a thing bad about these front ends or transmissions either.

There are g8 gt's with stock engines and stock transmissions, but with a cam and supercharger pushing 600 rwhp with no problems. They are driven to the track, run 11's (or faster I cant remember. There is videos though) and then come back home.

Where are you installing your blower??? I have saturday off for the first time in a ba-jillion years and have nothing planned. Maybe I can swing by and check out the process?

phillip's (caddy03pimpin) i think it in LA or riverside not too sure yet ill know tommorrow but ill be at the dyno in wilmington.... if u decide to go out for a drive the dyno runs would prob be a lil more exciting....greg and his wife r gonna come for it