Hole In Bottom Of Stock Air Box?

Mike Frey

Hey guys, ive heard people talking about cutting a hole in the bottom of there stock airbox? i have a K/N filter, will this throw engine codes or mess with my MAF Sensor?

Any help is apprciated peelout.gif

Thanks, Mike

Hey guys, ive heard people talking about cutting a hole in the bottom of there stock airbox? i have a K/N filter, will this throw engine codes or mess with my MAF Sensor?

Any help is apprciated peelout.gif

Thanks, Mike

I ran mine for about a year like that. It won't hurt anything. I cut the whole bottom out of mine.

I ran mine for about a year like that. It won't hurt anything. I cut the whole bottom out of mine.

did u notice any gains from it? and how does the filter not fall out if you cut the whole bottom out of yours?

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=22613&st=15&gopid=736174&&do=findComment&comment=736174

hope this helps.

I have a hole, but a ramair tube?

but I dont think its for gains as I did it to use the brake duct and make it functional. there is some debate on if it works or if it lets hot air in?? I saw an article where you need to be going 70mph before air is forced into the grill. I will see if I can find the article, but they used a tube connected to a vacume switch, and routed a hose to the spot they were measureing for "Ram" effect. when the hose was pressurized then that speed was measured, and it was pretty fast before the air will ram in before ramming out and over/under the car