Can Anyone Help Diagnose This Sound

I was messing with aiming my lights and i finally caught my truck when it was doing its weird thing. My truck has been acting funny sometimes when im stopped and idling where it gets very choppy and my whole truck bounces, ive tried cleaning the throttle body and this doesnt happen all the time maybe or 6 times a month.

20100817 180813.mp3

I was messing with aiming my lights and i finally caught my truck when it was doing its weird thing. My truck has been acting funny sometimes when im stopped and idling where it gets very choppy and my whole truck bounces, ive tried cleaning the throttle body and this doesnt happen all the time maybe or 6 times a month.

sounds fine to me, did sound like the a/c compressor kicked on

sounds pretty healthy to me pepsicheer.gif

is there anyway to keep it from doing that?

Yes, have your tuner bump your target idle speed up by 50 RPM. The stock idle is 550 which is already too low IMO, and put a load on it and she will idle like crap. I had my idle bumped to 600 a few years ago because of a rough idle, haven't had any issues since.....

Also, food for thought, a rough idle when the AC compressor is engaged could be a sign that the compressor clutch is wearing out......

wheatley bumped up my idle already, is the compressor clutch an expensive fix?

When it eventually seizes, yes, because you have to replace the entire compressor. My Tahoe did something similar, but I had almost no warning. The very same day she started idling rough and began bogging down with the compressor engaged, the clutch froze and snapped the compressor belt........

Basically, there isn't much you can do until it actually fails, and it is hard to tell exactly what is going on with that sound clip...

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)