Hauling The Ss

catdaddy300

ok here is my problem i am moving all my household goods and stuff from SC to TX and when i went to reserve a trailer it says my truck wont work but a reg cab chevy and a 2008 honda ridgeline(my room mates ride) will fit, well any ideas on what i can do besides drive the u haul and my truck by myself, the only other option i am looking at is putting my truck in the u haul and driving them to tx.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok here is my problem i am moving all my household goods and stuff from SC to TX and when i went to reserve a trailer it says my truck wont work but a reg cab chevy and a 2008 honda ridgeline(my room mates ride) will fit, well any ideas on what i can do besides drive the u haul and my truck by myself, the only other option i am looking at is putting my truck in the u haul and driving them to tx.

Are you trying to put it on a full car trailer? I put a 92 k2500 reg cab long bed on a uhaul car trailer, let me tell you, it sucked! Barely fit, straps wouldn't fit around the tires, and got the "death wooble" after 50mph (real fun trying to drive in 65mph zone) :ughdance: . I'd recommend getting a uhaul dolly if you can't get a full trailer from somewhere else. Just pull the rear drive shaft and you should be good to go.

pic:

IMG00056-20100805-1838.jpg

Edited by 03Blackout (see edit history)

lol, death wobble, i know exactly what you mean........ now what you think about putting it in the u hual??? sounds crazy i know just seeing what yall think and as for the dollies ill have to lie about my truck to get one bc they wont give it to me bc it weighs too much i think

lol, death wobble, i know exactly what you mean........ now what you think about putting it in the u hual??? sounds crazy i know just seeing what yall think and as for the dollies ill have to lie about my truck to get one bc they wont give it to me bc it weighs too much i think

First thing i though of....

lol i saw that video but that wouldnt happen to me, but you dont think it would hold the wieght of the truck i mean the 24/26 foot u hauls are rated for 30000 or so thousand lbs........ and so you guys think the dolly might work though?

the only thing about the dolly though is i am going to have my motorcycle in the bed of the truck and maybe another motorcycle also i just dont want nada bad to happen and as for the dolly would i hurt the truck driving that far with the drive shaft out?

the only thing about the dolly though is i am going to have my motorcycle in the bed of the truck and maybe another motorcycle also i just dont want nada bad to happen and as for the dolly would i hurt the truck driving that far with the drive shaft out?

damn man, The way your talking i would make two trips or hire a moving company and just follow them down in the SS.

The only thing spinning will be the rear end, you'll be fine. Just don't know about two bikes in the bed. I think two is a tight fit anyways, my zx9 took up most of the bed alone.

two bikes will fit they just need a little love thats all, i was just wondering if anyone had any luck with these dolly things......... bc every 4 wheel drive i have ever got towed always went on a flatbed i am just trying to be as safe as possible

One thing about using a car dolly from U-haul is the width might not be wide enough to fit the ss front end on. I've rented one and hauled a full size chevy like the SS but it barely fit, the tires were like jammed in between the fenders of the dolly, but it did work for a 15 minute drive....

now SS wreaker what you think about me using the dolly with the bikes in the back you think it will work?

should be ok as long as there is tire clearance with the fenders and ground but if there is less than 6-8 inches of clearance when loaded i wouldn't do it. that being said i know budget has car trailers just not sure if theyre bigger enough for the sss