Hauling The Ss

catdaddy300

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well every one of the rental companies has trailors you can rent but so far when i tell them what truck i have they tell me it wont work bc the truck is too heavy or some other reason

Figure out the max wheel base/width that'll fit on the trailer, and tell them it's to tow a cobalt or something like that.

• 1 month later...

u haul has a 26 foot truck you can rent but the height is weird and budget and penske have like a 18 wheelers height so you use there loading docks yeah the car hauler would have been awesome but non of the rental companies have any thing you can use, lol luke and beau duke style(the only way)

First I would like to say I would of loved to see you drive a Uhaul, Budget or Penske truck like that with your truck in the box of it 1500 miles and see what happens. Since I work in the industry and have personally seen people short cut it and try to make this work the aftermath has always been about $6k worth of damage to the rental unit plus a totaled ride for the owner. Trucks like penske's and budgets can't hold the weight safely of a vehicle in the box let alone there is no way to even securely lock the truck down in the back. It may seem like its secured great but the platforms are not meant to lock down 5,000lbs of automobile and keep it secured to the floor without moving over time. Chances are your truck would of ended up out the side of the box taking everything with it. I also know no car hauler or tow dolly from any of the rental companies would of worked either.

With that said, after seeing you made it to your destination what was the final decision. Did you buy a trailer and pull it with the SS? Thats what I ended up doing to make things easier and cheaper. Prob would of been your easiest bet with this trip.....

Sorry for the rant, i deal with this shit everyday and the customers never understand why they are liable for repair costs.

where were you when i started this adventure, lol........ i thought about if for a while and made some make shift ways to keep the truck from moving, like bricks under all the tires and cinder blocks behind them and bricks on the sides of the tires so it would not get squished to the side, but i ended up driving the truck to texas and had my brother drive the budget truck

not saying anything i did was safe or justified, i just had to do what i had to do

Edited by catdaddy300 (see edit history)