Spintech Mufflers

KDavis04ss

I know just about every post in this section is about pacesetter long tubes or muffles. But i dont hear any one talking about the spintech mufflers. I listened to a few trucks on youtube and they dont seem to sound bad. Anyone had any experience with them?

I know just about every post in this section is about pacesetter long tubes or muffles. But i dont hear any one talking about the spintech mufflers. I listened to a few trucks on youtube and they dont seem to sound bad. Anyone had any experience with them?

I have run them in the past on a couple of applications even long before the ls1 was an engine. I have tired them on a couple LS based builds. I personally don't like the sound. You do get a deep sound at wide open with no cats but it doesn't sound crisp to me. Their selling point is the durability of the baffles and the fact that they rob nothing from the airflow. I have a corsa now which honestly I can't see it robbing anything because it is built with a chamber with packing that does nothing to influence the flow simply drown out the resonance. I have run Dynomax race magnums and bullets as well as the super turbo's. If you want the badass sound and not really go crazy at idle or part throttle look into the race magnum welded from Dynomax. They have a rebate going now for I think 25 off each muff anyways.

To me the spintech's drone like a flowmaster and I have yet to ever see them make power just end up sounding obnoxious. They work well on circle track cars but they are running 7-8000 rpm alot longer than street cars do.

Hope that helped. good luck!

Thanks for summing that up for me. Im currently running duel flowmasters and iv been wanting to change it up. I narrowed it down to spintechs or dynomax bullets. But I may look into the magnums. I honestly love the flowmasters at idle with the 228r cam. But there aggravating as hell under part throttle.

The Dynomax bullets are going to be loud! Very loud! I had one on my regular silverado which had LT's and it sound awesome just cruising around but when you got on it it was just obnoxious it was just pure rasp and the drone it made made you want to rip your hair out it sounded like I had 8 15in subs in the truck just humming and resonating. Although I always thought that with a cam they would sound pretty sweet, but if your just only going to run the bullets be prepared to be loud at all times, but if you like it loud and can look past the horrible drone I think you will like them. Before I did the bullet I had a flowmaster system with a super 40 that cam out infront of the rear tire and it didnt sound bad with stock manifolds but when I put the headers on I was not impressed what so ever so I went to the bullet and it was just way to loud to drive daily and the drone was terrible so I switched to a 14in 5X8 magnaflow and I loved it It was some what quiet at crusing speeds which is good for the neighbors when I come home late at night but when you get on it it sounded awesome and I think it would sound even better with a cam!

I'm running spintech's on my silverado and couldn't be happier.

I'm going to change up the system a little when I swap in the ls6, but on my 4.8 now I'm running two 2.5" pro streets and out before the rear tire.

It has gotten plenty of compliments, and I think will only sound even better in the future. As for the drone, yes there is some, but honestly I don't feel its that bad. My friends who have run flowmaster in the past said the drone is a lot less than what they have had, and none of my passengers have complained.

Iv run flowmaster forever so i can tolorate the drone. i would love to run magnaflows but IMHO there just too quite at idle. I want something that sounds mean and really counts them off while its camming at idle but have that clean power sound of the magnaflows under WOT. nothing sounds better than a bullet at idle and a magnaflow at WOT. But you cant have both. Ill find something i like one day.

Iv run flowmaster forever so i can tolorate the drone. i would love to run magnaflows but IMHO there just too quite at idle. I want something that sounds mean and really counts them off while its camming at idle but have that clean power sound of the magnaflows under WOT. nothing sounds better than a bullet at idle and a magnaflow at WOT. But you cant have both. Ill find something i like one day.

Ya I agree totally im the exact same way! I loved the way my bullet sounded at idle but hated it at WOT my magnaflow was a little quiet at idle but they do get louder with in bout a month or so once they break in a little but and I loved the sound at WOT of that magnaflow. Have you looked into one of these magnaflows? http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=8477 They sound good at idle especially with a cam and they are little bit more civil at WOT than the bullet. I havent had any expirence with the spintechs but ive heard some sound clips and the sound a little raspy and not as smooth. Its near impossible to find a perfect muffler ive been through a ton of them!