Looking Into Buying Sss

00cls1camaross

Ive not seen one yet but I think most will agree that one of these trucks lifted would look horrible. Its a sport truck or (muscle truck) as i look at it and they arent ment to be lifted. If your gonna lift one Id jsut get a regular old Silverado 4 x 4. IMO

not to b rude but u dont need to buy an ss if u have different intentions. for one from the FACTORY it says to run 93 octane. some ppl can get away with 89 but its a higher compression motor. and 2nd. go buy a 4x4 and put a/t on it. its a DAMN SPORT TRUCK not a mud racer. its designed for the street, hence the tuned suspension and lower riding height with larger motor. its the most luxurious SPORT truck around. yea the lightning is faster but these trucks are not meant to be a pos offroad machine.

i think u need to look into a different truck if ur plans are to lift it. there has been many lifted sss trucks. u wont find a member here with one because everyone laughs at lifted sss because they are not intended for those reasons.

not to b rude but u dont need to buy an ss if u have different intentions. for one from the FACTORY it says to run 93 octane. some ppl can get away with 89 but its a higher compression motor. and 2nd. go buy a 4x4 and put a/t on it. its a DAMN SPORT TRUCK not a mud racer. its designed for the street, hence the tuned suspension and lower riding height with larger motor. its the most luxurious SPORT truck around. yea the lightning is faster but these trucks are not meant to be a pos offroad machine.

i think u need to look into a different truck if ur plans are to lift it. there has been many lifted sss trucks. u wont find a member here with one because everyone laughs at lifted sss because they are not intended for those reasons.

Thank you bob that what i was trying to get across!!!!

iamwithstupid.gif

Is the suspension the same for the 1500/z71/4x4/AWD SSS?

1500, no... as they have front coils vs. torsion bars, and lower quality shocks as well as higher ride height

Z71, no... the torsion bars are unique to the SSS and also ride on different shock absorbers and it also has a higher ride height

4x4, similar, but different shocks once again and much more different from the ISS plus it also rides higher

and yes, lift/lower kits are interchangable amongs the K family of trucks if that is what you are getting at

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

1500, no... as they have front coils vs. torsion bars, and lower quality shocks as well as higher ride height

Z71, no... the torsion bars are unique to the SSS and also ride on different shock absorbers and it also has a higher ride height

4x4, similar, but different shocks once again and much more different from the ISS plus it also rides higher

and yes, lift/lower kits are interchangable amongs the K family of trucks if that is what you are getting at

I see, thank you for your help.