Led Daytime Running Lights

luke3645

I have some DDM Tuning HID headlight kits on the way and was looking at what my options may be for replacing the daytime running lamps. I see the replacement bulb size is a 4114LL, but have been having a hard time finding an LED replacement. I want something that will be a color similar to the 6000K HID headlights for the DRL's instead of the yellow incandescent bulbs. Anyone have any suggestions for manufacturers/part numbers that will work?

Need to use the 4114LL (long life) 14volt bulb not the 3157 or 4157. I am looking for the bulb sockets now due to the bulbs burning them up. This of course if you are not going to leds. Some run amber bubs as well.

#00-08-42-010A: Info - Daytime Running Lamp (DRL) Bulb Replacement - (Jun 20, 2003)

999999995.gif

This bulletin is being revised to add model information and to announce availability of new DRL bulb part number. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 00-08-42-010 (Section 08 -- Body and Accessories).

A new 14 volt DRL bulb, P/N 15199562 (trade bulb #4114K), is now available for use whenever a DRL lamp bulb on the above listed vehicles requires replacement. This more robust, higher voltage DRL bulb replaces P/N 1999482 (trade bulb #4157K). These bulbs should be replaced in pairs for customer satisfaction.

Parts Information

Part Number

Description

Bulb, Daytime Running Lamp

Parts are expected to be available 6-27-2003 from GMSPO.

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a "do-it-yourselfer". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.

999999994.gif WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

Subject:Daytime Running Lamp (DRL) Bulb Replacement

Models:2002-2003 Cadillac Escalade, Escalade EXT

2003 Cadillac Escalade ESV

1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado Pickup Models

2000-2003 Chevrolet Tahoe, Suburban

2002-2003 Chevrolet Avalanche

1999-2003 GMC Sierra Pickup Models

2000-2003 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

2001-2003 GMC Denali, Denali XL

© 2008 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved. __________________

Edited by Dr.Love38 (see edit history)

Need to use the 4114LL (long life) 14volt bulb not the 3157 or 4157. I am looking for the bulb sockets now due to the bulbs burning them up. This of course if you are not going to leds. Some run amber bubs as well.

Thank you, this is VERY helpful. My sockets are crispy too...

Mr. P. :)