Too Loud Now, Need Some Help

67speeda

AS the title suggests, the truck is just too loud now. It sounds AMAZING but is just way too loud to have a conversation in the truck. My girlfriend puts up with all my shenanigans but i can tell this is bothering her.

Total system is Longtubes, cat deleted, 2 X 22" magnaflow mufflers, true duals

Will an X pipe reduce the noise a lot?

is there a special part to lower noise?

take seats and carpet out and put in sound proofing material

any help would be great

My girlfriends neighbors hated me for the longest time, I was running catless with dual glass packs (essentially straight piped). They all pretty much hate the guy that lives down the road with a worked rx7. The called the Cops on him, thought he was firing a gun in the air, but he actually bounced the rev limiter on it. :D

My solution to taking my truck down a tone was to put the stock muffler back and putting cutouts on. I can open them up when i want but still have the quite sound when i need it.

I have a Magnaflow with di/do and the built in x pipe, and it still has some drone. I love the sound of it, but my wife don't like it. She is used to cars with no sound or performance.

You will spend more money on the x pipe and welding it up than getting the 22" with built in x pipe.

I had same situation/setup but one di/do magna. I used sound deadener/dampener on floor and doors. Did not do ceiling. Made some difference but not enough and was time consuming and expensive. Good for sound system but not to cure exhaust issues. You can try lots of small changes but may wanna rethink the setup. My current setup is stock except for a flowmaster squeezed in. I hate flowmaster but it sounds perfect believe it or not. Good sound and no drone. When I go FI again and add LT's I may try to keep the rest stock and add cutouts to dump when I need a sound fix. Not sure what the answer is. Good luck and keep us posted.