New Toys

jlosh20s

Nice build man, debating on my setup now. I have 3 US Amps, the MD3D, the MD43 and the MD42 that I was going to put in my F350 til I sold it and got my Sss. I was looking at JL Audio Stealth boxes but 750 for a box with one soso sub in it? where I can get a setup like yours with two 12's and put my own preferences in it. Got any pics of those Polk kick panel install? Can you buy those kick panels empty and put your own in there?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice build man, debating on my setup now. I have 3 US Amps, the MD3D, the MD43 and the MD42 that I was going to put in my F350 til I sold it and got my Sss. I was looking at JL Audio Stealth boxes but 750 for a box with one soso sub in it? where I can get a setup like yours with two 12's and put my own preferences in it. Got any pics of those Polk kick panel install? Can you buy those kick panels empty and put your own in there?

The box is a subthump maxx box thats made of 3/4 mdf that im modifying to fit my needs the kick panels are installed there made by q logic ill get some pics up when i get a second and yeah i personally think jl is over rated so far i love my 2 12's they sound great and hit hard as fuk which i feel im qualified to say since ive got 2 mtx 9512's with 3000 rms watts in my tahoe that pounds like a mofo and an s10 with 2 9515's with 3000rms watts that is stupid loud

started putting my system in this weekend and heres a little clip of how the subs sound amps running at .5 ohm and does it with out a sweat i was worried wether or not it would but us amps make bad ass amps heres the clip

:lol: F'n Awesome! Loved the phone camera on the floor hahaha - a little overpressure there ;)

Mr. P. :)

with the subthump XXX max box (8" speaker depth) can you sill fold your backseat, or did you have to do a conversion to have the back fold down to mount the amps on the rear wall?

yes it did fold all the ay down but i cut the top off and made it smooth and i also had to raise the box a little my 12's have really tall surrounds so i raised my seat 1 1/2" using unistrut and my seat folds all the ay down still and sounds really good!

Nice build man, your 12's are cool with only 1.3 a side? I got a nice Iraggi 300 amp Alternator coming this week, so in the new few weeks I'll start my build before it gets real cold up here.

Yes there fine they actually have 1.13 per side they sound great get loud and play low as fuk!!!!!!!!!

That's f'n mint, its gonna look so stealth when your complete. You jacked the seat and the box to give the woofers more room to throw? Could I trouble you for pics showing how you lifted the seat and how far? I might be picking up a new Rockford 1500cp tomorrow and run two P1 12"ers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

That's f'n mint, its gonna look so stealth when your complete. You jacked the seat and the box to give the woofers more room to throw? Could I trouble you for pics showing how you lifted the seat and how far? I might be picking up a new Rockford 1500cp tomorrow and run two P1 12"ers

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yup i raised the box 1'' to give the subs a little more room im going to rewrap the box in chacoal gray suede and i have a panel that covers the amps under my seat i used 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 uni strut that i bougt at home depot and just bolted that to the floor with the c side upard and attached the seat ith 1/2'' spring nuts designed for unistrut ill get some pics when i get a chance at that height i didnt have to modify the seat at all to make the back fold down and it still locks in place when i put the front back down and i decided im going to run 2 mono amps instead of the one big one so i will have 3 amps mounted under my seat and im going to have 6 crossovers mounted to my back wall for my component sets and really thinking about getting an audiocontrol dqxs but i want to see how good i can make it sound ith hat i have so far

ahh, you used a metal framing channel to raise it up a little, now I'm picking up what your putting down. I got my IXA-X407 installed yesterday, I was debating on putting sirius in the truck, but with BT audio I might just subscribe on my phone (Droid X)and play it that way? Pandora is nice too. Did you just Dynamat the floor? how about roof? Doors? back wall?