Engine Covers

Well The day after I bought my truck I started making it my own. One of the first things I did was take the engine covers off and start smoothing them out for some paint. Well its about to go down, gonna lay down the red base and first clear today. Tommorow It will be scuffed and gonna do some airbrush work. Pics to come...fingersx.gif

I was actually going to start a thread like this. I dont wanna hijack your thread. But anyone wanna post some pics of your custom engine covers? I need some ideas an how-to's would also be great

No problem, I searched and searched trying to find some pics of covers that had beed painted to get some ideas. Found these, http://www.chuckbauman.com/real-flames-airbrushing.htm gonna do mine similar to the ones at the bottom of the page.

100_2602.jpg

After the red base and a couple coats of clear was laid down yesterday, this is what I started with this morning.

100_2603.jpg

Looks good but, not quite what I had in mind

100_2606.jpg

Time to lay down some Coolness, or shall I say some HEAT

100_2616.jpg

Thats more like it!

100_2617.jpg100_2618.jpg100_2620.jpg

After a lil more clear, you can almost feel the heat from here.

100_2624.jpg100_2622.jpg

100_2626.jpg

100_2627.jpg

Well I will get some pics of em installed next week, but what you guys think?

Edited by Z_Rod (see edit history)

Nice work, and some the photos and Chuck's website are mine.

Terry Youngheim

Here's some photos you can use for airbrushing. These are just some of mine, I don't have all my photos on there yet, and some of the ones on there are the ones I did for the guys on the board. I'm still in the middle of doing all my covers right now, just been working alot and doing what I can on them.

http://www.airbrushartists.org/TerryYoungheim

Nice work, and some the photos and Chuck's website are mine.

Terry Youngheim

Here's some photos you can use for airbrushing. These are just some of mine, I don't have all my photos on there yet, and some of the ones on there are the ones I did for the guys on the board. I'm still in the middle of doing all my covers right now, just been working alot and doing what I can on them.

http://www.airbrusha.../TerryYoungheim

Cool, you do some good work as well, How long you been doing airbrush work?

Cool, you do some good work as well, How long you been doing airbrush work?

Thanks, off and on for about 9 years. Just got back into it heavy the past two years. I'd show you my covers but they are a secret right now.

Painting true fire is one of the hardest things to paint, because of all the color stages, designs, backrounds, etc. You just have to keep practicing until you become good at it. Any pro artist will tell you that. I actually sanded my down completely and got rid of all the lettering, and ribbing from the top and used bondo. So mine is completely smooth, what a pain that was!!! When I get them done, I'll post them up.

Terry