Wanna Go 4/6 On The Ss

Ruben525

btw here is the 5/8 with rear belltech notch kit. I will be doing the 22x10 with 285 35 22 in about 2 weeks for him since i have those wheels here. actaully 265 35 22 front and 285 35 22 rear to give it a little bigger tire in back.

post-9897-128443831995_thumb.jpg

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would do the djm 5 inch a arms in front due to the fact that it replaces upper/lower a arms and aligns great and ride is nice

in rear if you have the money id do the belltech c notch its about 200 more but the notch wraps the frame fully. I deal a lot with all the kits and either way ive never had issues doing them.

on customers trucks with the ss conversions ive done on the 22x10 silverado ss wheels with a 5/7 drop 285 35 22 and its good to go.

Can you get me a part number for 5 inch a arms for a torsion bar equipped truck please?

i would do the djm 5 inch a arms in front due to the fact that it replaces upper/lower a arms and aligns great and ride is nice

in rear if you have the money id do the belltech c notch its about 200 more but the notch wraps the frame fully. I deal a lot with all the kits and either way ive never had issues doing them.

on customers trucks with the ss conversions ive done on the 22x10 silverado ss wheels with a 5/7 drop 285 35 22 and its good to go.

Yea I think I'm gonna go with 285/35/22 but I don't think I wanna go lower then a 4 in the front. For the kit I'm looking for how much will that run me with shocks? Will I need a camber kit?

btw here is the 5/8 with rear belltech notch kit. I will be doing the 22x10 with 285 35 22 in about 2 weeks for him since i have those wheels here. actaully 265 35 22 front and 285 35 22 rear to give it a little bigger tire in back.

Sits nice

Can you get me a part number for 5 inch a arms for a torsion bar equipped truck please?

on customers trucks i use the djm 3 inch lower a arms with belltech drop spindles and its 5 inches and no issues. I have one guy brougth me his truck early 2003 with less than 30 miles on it and i did the djm 3 inch front arms with 2 inch spindels and djm shocks and rear belltech 8 inch kit and now with over 130k on the truck there has not been one issue. Only thing was I changed the balljoints a few years ago. IM really tight with the guys at DJM due to me machining their a arms for the trailblazer ss guys now. that and im working with them on a exclusive swaybar package for the tbss guys.

btw djm has 1.5 inch swaybars out for the trucks.

Edited by NORCAL SS (see edit history)

the swaybars cut down a lot on lean. the belltechs are nice front 1.25 and rear 1 and just less bends then other brands making them more rigid. I install those things a lot also. putting the front/rear swaybars makes these trucks corner a lot better

on customers trucks i use the djm 3 inch lower a arms with belltech drop spindles and its 5 inches and no issues. I have one guy brougth me his truck early 2003 with less than 30 miles on it and i did the djm 3 inch front arms with 2 inch spindels and djm shocks and rear belltech 8 inch kit and now with over 130k on the truck there has not been one issue. Only thing was I changed the balljoints a few years ago. IM really tight with the guys at DJM due to me machining their a arms for the trailblazer ss guys now. that and im working with them on a exclusive swaybar package for the tbss guys.

btw djm has 1.5 inch swaybars out for the trucks.

Oh ok that's what I used also. I was thinking you knew of a 5" a arm. That truck sounds like its setup like mine except I went down on the torsions also.

BTW I HIGHLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! rec. the djm upper a arms which fix balljoint/alignment issues when going this low. plus your replacing both the upper/lowers so you have a new front suspension kit pretty much.

Are the uppers the same as the ones used on trucks with coil springs or are they for torsion bar equipped trucks? I need some upper control arms.

yes djm sells it i install them all the time.

Are they the ca2000u? Have you ever notched a bed on the SSS or VortecMax with a 14 bolt rear diff? I can PM you if we have gone off topic but this might be helpful for Ruben525 in the future.

Are they the ca2000u? Have you ever notched a bed on the SSS or VortecMax with a 14 bolt rear diff? I can PM you if we have gone off topic but this might be helpful for Ruben525 in the future.

Yup plus mike at DJM and I are good friends email me at [email protected] ill help you out anyway i can.

notching the bed is easy with a cut off wheel.