Tire Suggestions!

Jordan836

Alright its time for some new tires for the SS Right now its got falken stz04s in the stock size which I think is 275/55-20? Well Im looking to get 295s for my new set and mount them on the stock SS 20s I cant decide if I want to go 295/55-20 or 295/50-20 or even 285s I love the look of a wide tire so Im thinking of the 295s I just want to make sure the sidewall isnt going to bubble out like crazy so maybe if anyone has pictures of 295s on stock wheels that would be awesome! And im also torn on the side wall height right now the truck is stock height so the 275/55s look good and dont show to to much wheel well but I do have plans to lower it in the spring im thinking either a 2/4 or 3/4 so thats what is making me lean towards the 295/50-20s but I dont want it to expose a ton of wheel well in the mean time before I lower it. I was kind of thinking that if 295/50-20s are the way to go and it does expose a little bit of side wall I might be able to make up for it a little bit by adjusting the torsion bars in the front and maybe throw on some drop shackles for the back? Not sure if that will work or not and I dont want it to ride like crap with the torsion bars lowered in the front since I have to make the drive from Connecticut to Ocala florida in a couple months for the winter so I dont want to have any issues. So basically to sum that all up Im looking for some input as well as pictures of any one out there running 295/50-20s on stock 20s with the stock height or even if you have some pics of them with the truck lowered that would be cool too. Sorry for the long post!!

i have general grabber uhps. . 295/55/20.

i had yokohama pirhadas before and these generals are such a smoother ride.

i took a picture of the tread the day i got them . .

2010-06-29121945.jpg

i could take another picture or two tomorrow morning if you would like. .

Ya thats a perfect picture. If you could could you get a picture of the whole wheel like from the front and the side and maybe one from behind so I can see how wide the tire is is on the rim? Are you having good luck with the generals? I was looking at those or the Nitto Nt420s. And those are 295/55-20s right? Not 295/50-20s?

I honestly think stock tire size is already a bit too tall... but I love wider. I got 295-45-20 General Grabber UHP for mine and I absolutely love them!! I say NO bigger than 295-50-20, but it's your truck... Seems like everybody likes the tires really big for some reason.

13.jpg

IMG_1178.jpg

Hey showngo those are 295/45-20s in the pictures you posted??? They look perfect thats exactly what im looking for is your truck still the stock height in those pictures? I really like the way your truck looks!

Hey showngo those are 295/45-20s in the pictures you posted??? They look perfect thats exactly what im looking for is your truck still the stock height in those pictures? I really like the way your truck looks!

Yes those are 295-45-20, it's dropped about 1/2 inch up front and about 2 in the back, shackles in back and just dropped with torsion bars up front/

Yes those are 295-45-20, it's dropped about 1/2 inch up front and about 2 in the back, shackles in back and just dropped with torsion bars up front/

I think thats what Ill do is the 295/45-20s and lower the torsion bars and then get some drop shackles for the rear that way it will look decent until I lower it and also wont have to buy new tires when I do lower it. Did your ride quality change with the 295/45-20s? And also did the ride quality change by lowering the tosion bars in the front?

I think thats what Ill do is the 295/45-20s and lower the torsion bars and then get some drop shackles for the rear that way it will look decent until I lower it and also wont have to buy new tires when I do lower it. Did your ride quality change with the 295/45-20s? And also did the ride quality change by lowering the tosion bars in the front?

I can't say too much about anything.. I did take out the spacer between my bump stop and frame in the back, and bolted the bumpstop to the the frame, and just took the front one out. In most situations I would say it rides alright, nothing to brag about though, but maybe new shocks would help..

• 1 month later...