Just Joined, 2005 Vho (B4V)

GotPlex82

• 2 months later...

vho.gif2004 Model Year Chevy/GMC Built: 957 - B4V - "Performance Package".

vho.gif2005 Model Year SIL 1500 EXT CAB STD BOX vehicles Built: 4,701 - B4V - "Performance Package".

Copy and pasted from your site.

I have seen the 04 production numbers on the internet but were did you find the 05 numbers???

Does the 05 numbers listed also include GMC models???

FWIW Mine does not have the VHO badges on the door. They may have been removed. I got mine through the insurance auction.

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

2004 Model Year Chevy/GMC Built: 957 - B4V - "Performance Package".

2005 Model Year SIL 1500 EXT CAB STD BOX vehicles Built: 4,701 - B4V - "Performance Package".

Copy and pasted from your site.

I have seen the 04 production numbers on the internet but were did you find the 05 numbers???

I sent a email to GM and they sent this info back to me on the silverado ext cab only

Does the 05 numbers listed also include GMC models???

Its for the 2005 Model Year SIL 1500 EXT CAB STD BOX vehicles Built only, did not fine anything on the GMC models

FWIW Mine does not have the VHO badges on the door. They may have been removed. I got mine through the insurance auction.

on all 04 and some 05 the badges were in the glove box, it was up to the dealer to put them on the truck or not.

yours may have just been taken off, I took them off, I don't care for badges or trim crap glue on to the side of the truck

need any more info let me know

-tommy

Actually Ya I would like to know more about the VHO's. Do you know if they were they sold with different options??? If so what options were availible with the B4V Option in 04 and 05??? Is there any sales Litriture out there pertaining to these Vehicals???

Actually Ya I would like to know more about the VHO's. Do you know if they were they sold with different options??? If so what options were availible with the B4V Option in 04 and 05??? Is there any sales Litriture out there pertaining to these Vehicals???

GM didn't make any brouchers or sale literture on these trucks until about 2006, when they renamed them the "Voretc Max" performance package.

The 2004-05 VHO's came in many different forms, but ALL were 1/2 ton 4x2 ext'd cab fleetside SWB's with a solid exterior paint scheme; These all had 20" chrome wheels, a H.O. 6.0L, 4L65E auto, and 3.73 limited slip rear diff. The 2004's had 4-whl disc brakes, while the old drum rear brakes reappeared on ALL 2005 1/2ton models. Some were loaded out with everything- leather ('05 sunroofs), & some had plain cloth 40/20/40 seats, no auto A/C, no memory folding turn signal mirrors, no steering wheel controls, no XM, no OnStar, etc.

These are RARE trucks. :thumbsup:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

GM didn't make any brouchers or sale literture on these trucks until about 2006, when they renamed them the "Voretc Max" performance package.

The 2004-05 VHO's came in many different forms, but ALL were 1/2 ton 4x2 ext'd cab fleetside SWB's with a solid exterior paint scheme; These all had 20" chrome wheels, a H.O. 6.0L, 4L65E auto, and 3.73 limited slip rear diff. The 2004's had 4-whl disc brakes, while the old drum rear brakes reappeared on ALL 2005 1/2ton models. Some were loaded out with everything- leather ('05 sunroofs), & some had plain cloth 40/20/40 seats, no auto A/C, no memory folding turn signal mirrors, no steering wheel controls, no XM, no OnStar, etc.

These are RARE trucks. :thumbsup:

I guess I didn't do to bad then on the 05 I picked up. I think the only things I don't have would be leather, full power seats, sun roof, foldig turn signal mirrors, and the auto ac.

I dont like GM's leather anyway. Factory sun roofs seem to be rare too! Seems like maybe 1-10 on have it on the ss models, maybe less...

I wonder how they would break down by color rareity??? If they came out of the same plant, I wonder if we could get that info out of them???

Was there ever a option to have the same wheels on a VHO on a regular Silverado or Sierra? If not then maybe I have seen more VHO's then I thought. I guess they were just debadged. Sometimes I wish I had a VHO or Performance edition Vortecmax just for the 20's. Then I start thinking I wouldn't have the take off as I do now with 17's and 4.10 rearend.

Was there ever a option to have the same wheels on a VHO on a regular Silverado or Sierra? If not then maybe I have seen more VHO's then I thought. I guess they were just debadged. Sometimes I wish I had a VHO or Performance edition Vortecmax just for the 20's. Then I start thinking I wouldn't have the take off as I do now with 17's and 4.10 rearend.

You could get the 20's as an accesory through the dealer. There is one here in my neighbor hood. One of these days I am going to look but I am almost possitive its just a regular silverado.

Yes. These same wheels were offered as an GM accessory wheel on full-size GMC & Chevy trucks in 2005 or 2006-up (though not used much). These wheels were also used as part of an "exterior chrome accessory package" on the 2006 & 2007-Classic trucks. This package included chrome door handles (non-painted) and chrome o/s mirror caps.... :cool:

1FASTBRICK, all you need to do is look at the VIN# in the windshield. There will be a "N" in the eigth digit (for the H.O. 6.0L engine).

1FASTBRICK, all you need to do is look at the VIN# in the windshield. There will be a "N" in the eigth digit (for the H.O. 6.0L engine).

Ya I am familiar with the VIN and RPO Codes... LOL! I just don't want people in my neighbor hood thinking Im gonna try and steel it or better yet that i was chopping cars. If you knew me personaly you would find that hillarious... I Any way i decided to look and of course there is always some on watching so i made it real quick. I think it was just a california edition they had its an 03-05 style truck with the factory 20's like on my VHO. Was just a 5.3 T code in dark blue.

Ya I am familiar with the VIN and RPO Codes... LOL! I just don't want people in my neighbor hood thinking Im gonna try and steel it or better yet that i was chopping cars. If you knew me personaly you would find that hillarious... I Any way i decided to look and of course there is always some on watching so i made it real quick. I think it was just a california edition they had its an 03-05 style truck with the factory 20's like on my VHO. Was just a 5.3 T code in dark blue.

There were a small # of 2004 Chevy & GMC Indigo Blue Ext'd cab SWB's with the VHO style 20's called "Spring Specials". They were all 4x2, 1/2ton's, with the performance suspension, 5.3L V-8's, and this was the only way to get this nice looking dark blue paint in the 2004 MY (it was a discontinued color). These trucks were sold in all 48 states too, unlike the 2004 VHO's.

You can tell a 2005 from the earlier trucks because they had the engine E-fans. GM added a small (1.5"- 2") black plastic air dam to the lower front bumpers in 2005 for this reason.

-Jon in TX.

Was there a purpose for that front bumper lip you spoke of above? I replaced my lower valence with a new black one without that lip. My old grey valence had it but I didnt like the extra lines and look. The front area is already busy enough as it is.

post-9089-027462600 1291845857_thumb.jpg