Just Joined, 2005 Vho (B4V)

GotPlex82

Was there a purpose for that front bumper lip you spoke of above? I replaced my lower valence with a new black one without that lip. My old grey valence had it but I didnt like the extra lines and look. The front area is already busy enough as it is.

I'm guessing GM "over-engineered" this lower lip. I think it helps force a "tad-bit" more air up into the the actual radiator for cooling purposes... (while moving in the truck at highway speeds)? :dunno:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

I'm guessing GM "over-engineered" this lower lip. I think it helps force a "tad-bit" more air up into the the actual radiator for cooling purposes... (while moving in the truck at highway speeds)? :dunno:

sounds good, well with the L.A. traffic I cant get over 30 on the freeway so no loss there :laugh:

I have been doing some more research On RPO code B4V and I found an 05 SS for sale that has the B4V RPO option.

Since its publicly for sale on the internet I will list the Vin for comparisson

2GCEC19N451307846

So what does B4V really mean??? It says Performance Package High Out Put

Is it 2wd Performance package???

This is the brake down for these RPO codes;

B4V 4,701 Performance package High Out Put

B4U 9,957 Sports Performance Package

AXN 4,701 14bolt hybrid

LQ9 13,005 HO engine

M32 13,005 HO 4L65E

TRB 9,957 body color grille

1SS 9,510 option Package 16.

When you combine the B4V and 1SS option it comes back as 1,638

of those 852 were Black RPO code 41U

So if B4V is the High Output Option and 1SS might be for the SIlveradoSS option does that mean that there are really only 3,063 TRUE VHO trucks???

Are B4U and 1SS exclusive RPO's to the SilveradoSS???

I Know mine is rare as it is because there were only 300 made in my color. But If you have to justify it for insurance purposes I wouldnt want to get the short end of the stick. People barely know what the V-Max option is let alone a VHO.

Edited by 1FASTBRICK (see edit history)

The compnine site shows the following Build numbers for the B4V option only on both the Chevy and GMC 1500 ex cab std bed models;

2004 GMC with B4V option=622

2005 GMC with B4V option=2050

2004 Chevy with B4V option=1,938

2005 Chevy with B4V option=4,701

There is some confussion though on how many are true VHO models. For example on the 05 models, I found 1 Silverado SS for sale containing the B4V option.

When you combine the B4V and 1SS option in 05 it comes back as 1,638. Which may mean that if you exclude the possible SS models, there could be only 3,063 True VHO trucks In the 05 Chevy line up.

http://www.compnine.com/vid.php to check you RPO Options by Vin break down and see how rare it is

http://www.compnine.com/rpocheck.php# to compare specific codes for specifc years

• 10 years later...
  • 11 months later...