Raspy Exhaust Help!

Jordan836

A few weeks ago I put on some pacesetter coated LTs then ha a 3in catless Y pipe made then right after it goes over the first crossmember it goes into a magnaflow merge collector to make it 2 into 1 then goes into a single in single out 5X8 14in case magnaflow then continues 3in to a 3.5in piece to the stock SS tip and exits before the rear tire I basically had the same exhaust set up on my 5.3 silverado only with the pacesetter catless ORY and with that set up I had the same muffler a little further away from the headers and also exited before the rear tire and it sounded awesome. Now the set up I have on my SS sounds awesome at idle and WOT but like if you lug the truck around and slowly accelerate it has an almost tin like rasp at first I thought maybe the exhaust was rattling against that metal heat sheild above it thats bolted to the cab but theres plenty of room between the 2 then I thought maybe it had an exhaust leak so I used some of that aluminum foil tape to just cover up anywhere it could possibly be leaking (just temporarily) and then I went and drove it and it still made the sound and he headers are good and tight with the stock gaskets so I know thats not the issue. So I was just wondering if anyone has any fixes for a raspy exhaust? I know some people put a bullet infront of the muffler and I actually have a bullet laying around from a previous exhaust set up I had but I dont really have any room to weld it in before the muffler I could put it after the muffler but I dont think it would have the same affect? Whatever I do I dont want to make it quieter its pretty much at the perfect sound level the way it is I just want to get rid of the rasp, maybe theres a shorter bullet out there I can weld infront of the muffler? Im pretty much open to any ideas! I really wanna fix it because its actually kind of embarrassing since it makes the rasp at low acceleration so usually when im pulling up along side another car or something and it sounds like I have a tin can under there so I really need some help!!

just try going with a little bit longer of a magnalfow muffler like a 18 inch and see where that puts you, it will be a tad quiter at normal driving but still the same affect at wot, loud as hell. other then that youll have to move your muffler back abit to fit your bullet.

Ya I was almost thinking about throwing some cats in the Y but ill do that as a last resort. I think first im going to bring it to the guy I had make my Y pipe and see if theres a way he can squeeze the bullet I have in there. I wish they made shorter bullets!! I was almost trying to think of a way to shorten then bullet but I almost think it will be more work than its worth. Oh well ill see what I can come up with! Thanks for the input!

Did you have the problems with the tips you have in your sig picture? Its just weird because I had the same set up on my 5.3 silverado and it didnt have the sound. And its the stock tip and Id like to keep running it so Ill have to try and get creative