Muscle Look

RickRolled

Hey guys i got a black 03 ss and im wanting to get new wheels they got to be black and im looking for more of a muscle truck look then flashy with a chrome lip. I think the atx artillery wheels would look good but not so sure so if anyone has any opinons let me know. http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniWheelSearchServlet?nonWinter=true&partNum=18129060612TB&autoMake=Chevrolet&autoModel=Silverado+SS&autoYear=2003&autoModClar=&wIndex=3&grid=true&sw=1280

bigger wheels ( cast ones) add weight . bigger brakes are a good idea to help with slowing the vehicle down since the factory brakes will suffer from the added weight. not necessary but behind an all black wheel also look awesome.

for the muscle look you will need a staggered setup . on an awd SS its very hard to find wheels the same diamter front to rear while having different sized rims .

my wheels have a pretty small lip on them like 2.5" or 3" they are made by motoforge . not the most expensive wheel but the lightest 22" i have found . they are a one piece forged wheel which is not to uncommon . the three piece wheels are better quality but weight quite a bit more since there is more to them( two piece hoops, center section and fasteners) the problem is these wheels are discontinued and are pretty rare to find.

there are similar options out there . centerline and weld come to mind for one piece forged. not really necessery to have these wheels but they help in the go fast and mileage department as well as not being as hard on brakes .

just depends on what you want to do with the truck and what you want to spend,

Hey guys i got a black 03 ss and im wanting to get new wheels they got to be black and im looking for more of a muscle truck look then flashy with a chrome lip. I think the atx artillery wheels would look good but not so sure so if anyone has any opinons let me know. http://www.tirerack....id=true&sw=1280

i got rid off my 22's and got some stock wheels, (not ssmellow.gif ), sanded them and painted them black with a few coats of clear coat, and added some SS hub cab decals, and i have to say it really does make a diference.

(no i dont have any pictures, sorryhappysad.gif )