Baer 6S Extreme Kit For Sss

slyder7

The 6S calipers (with 15" rotors) are for the front axle only, the Alumasport PBR calipers (with 14" rotors) are used on the rear axle; if you had 6S calipers on all 4-wheels then the back-end of the truck would have waaayyyy too much braking power than the front and you'd have the rear-end trying to come around you during emergency braking, the ABS would be just going nuts modulating the rear axle. I have the 6S & Alumasport kits on my truck and the rear axle will *just barely* lock-up before the fronts at max effort, it's pretty balanced and I love it. To give you an idea, the rear 14" rotors and PBR calipers were the factory equipment FRONT brakes on the 2000 Z51 C5 track car, that's a lot of stopping power on the rear of the truck and the 6S is a whole league better than the Alumasports!

Highly recommend!!! :driving:

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

you can get baer 6 pistons for the rear mr p. super sub has them . with an adjustable proportioning valve they can be setup to work great. infact the trucks with factory disk send a bit more to the rear to do the breaking iirc. the later models used drums and larger front rotors which was probably the same proportioning valve. they stop alot better with drums stock vs stock . i have always replaced the rears first on the factory disc trucks as well as the drum disc combo trucks.

The 6S calipers (with 15" rotors) are for the front axle only, the Alumasport PBR calipers (with 14" rotors) are used on the rear axle; if you had 6S calipers on all 4-wheels then the back-end of the truck would have waaayyyy too much braking power than the front and you'd have the rear-end trying to come around you during emergency braking, the ABS would be just going nuts modulating the rear axle. I have the 6S & Alumasport kits on my truck and the rear axle will *just barely* lock-up before the fronts at max effort, it's pretty balanced and I love it. To give you an idea, the rear 14" rotors and PBR calipers were the factory equipment FRONT brakes on the 2000 Z51 C5 track car, that's a lot of stopping power on the rear of the truck and the 6S is a whole league better than the Alumasports!

Highly recommend!!! driving.gif

Mr. P. smile.gif

Thats wierd.. I just installed the alumasports on my friends silverado on all four corners and the pads it takes are from a Chrystler 300C.

crazy i know i have used the 300c replacements before but i looked them both up and they look to be close in appearance

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=RBPUP7599X_0252867749&An=599001+102001+50012+2012030

corvette 2001 base

and 2008 chrysler 300c

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=RBPUP7965X_0252870698&An=599001+102006+50016+2016029#

you can get baer 6 pistons for the rear mr p. super sub has them . with an adjustable proportioning valve they can be setup to work great. infact the trucks with factory disk send a bit more to the rear to do the breaking iirc. the later models used drums and larger front rotors which was probably the same proportioning valve. they stop alot better with drums stock vs stock . i have always replaced the rears first on the factory disc trucks as well as the drum disc combo trucks.

iamwithstupid.gif when you call up Baer, they use the smaller pistons from their newer 6p brakes to set up the rear on the trucks/SUVs since they don't offer the 4 piston calipers on truck size rotors. At least that is what the guy at sema told me.

just for all members info I have had a bad dealing with this guy

I had good luck with this seller, I bought from him a pioneer indash dvd player, the only thing is that it took him some time to ship it but other than that everything went good, but again that was my experience

crazy i know i have used the 300c replacements before but i looked them both up and they look to be close in appearance

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=RBPUP7599X_0252867749&An=599001+102001+50012+2012030

corvette 2001 base

and 2008 chrysler 300c

http://www.napaonline.com/Search/Detail.aspx?A=RBPUP7965X_0252870698&An=599001+102006+50016+2016029#

Yeah I did not have as much luck, I asked for 300C pads and they were totally different! I gotta call Baer one of these days and get the straight scoop on that.

Braking power in the rear - yeah I see what you mean, the replacement pads I have are semi-met and the truck has a totally different feel on braking now, I really gotta put the boot to the pedal to get the same initial bite as before, I think the original pads were full metallic, also because my rear rotors are totally worn away (the slots are gone!) So the SSS has a lot of rear bias.

Mr. P. :)