Serpentine Blet Squeak Between Gears?

KAC1023

I just put in my Iraggi 300 amp Alternator (large case) and put in a slightly longer belt to accommodate the larger case. On the Belt tension pulley I saw the arrow that should be "between" the lines for adjustment, it is right at the 50 yard line in it. When I go from a standstill to "all out" floored between 1st and 2nd I got a belt squeak. Should I put some oil or something on the belt? Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue

2010-09-26_12-54-17_992.jpg

Bone stock trucks have the same problem, usually a Goodyear Gatorback belt cures this.....it is common.

Yup, Gatorback is the way to go, after getting the shift kit in my truck that was a huge problem. Installed the Gatorback and all was well again.

As for the fluctuation of the voltage, on a stock alt that's normal since the output varies depending on the load and amount of juice needed. I would just contact the place you picked it up or the manufacturer and confirm if that's normal operation. Unless of course it's fluctuating a whole lot, then something is probably going on.

Gatorback belt huh? I gotta get the # off my new belt because it is a little longer to accommodate the larger case alternator. I upgraded the power wire off the Alternator to a 1/0 it stopped the voltage flux, I still have to upgrade the ground wire, I'm going to take the alternator out with the alternator bracket and drill a hole in the bracket to the lower right of the alt.

2010-09-26_15-09-11_862.jpg

Good ol' Summit Racing, I ordered my belts last night at 7pm (thursday), they will be here tomorrow (Saturday) no extra charge either. I also ordered the AC belt for while I'm under there. If anyone is doing a large case upgrade there are two belts summit shows, the larger one 93" I believe it is is for the larger case. Tomorrow before I change the belts I'm going to upgrade my ground wire from the Alternator bracket where it says GND I'm going to drill a nice hole and run the ground from there to the battery.

Bone stock trucks have the same problem, usually a Goodyear Gatorback belt cures this.....it is common.

HIGH FIVE man, Gatorbacks fixed it, High Five to summit racing too, ordered them online on Thursday night 7pm and they came today (Saturday) at noon VIA fedEx.