Intimidator Ss Wing Help

ndinardo54

You will find the special bolts and well-nuts at the dealer, and the bolts are f'n expensive, $4 each??? as I remember... Doubt you will find the brackets at the dealer, but I thought someone here on the forum posted plans/dimensions so that you could make your own from some scrap sheet metal? The two corner bracket pieces are super simple, just special shaped L-brackets... There is also posted on the forum a printable template so that you can accurately drill the holes in your bedsides.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

I can make the brackets for you and send the template to drill the holes with, I traced it off of the computer screen from a post that Sick03SS posted up from the original template from GM. They arent exactly the same as the original but will work fine with my brackets. The drawing I got wasnt the exact deminsions as the original because of tracing it off of the screen but is how I got the start on them. The bolts are expensive and can be bought at the dealer and I will have to look up the part # if you want it but they are the exact same bolts that are in the Z-71 silverado with the tailgate cap. Let me know it I can help you out, but it may take me a few days to get them made for you because I have been very busy for the last bit.

WOW I dont know where to start. I bought the ISS wing from ebay got it painted have the wing on now but the bolts are terrible I had the place that panited it put it on. Im 99% they are the simple 03 silverado taligate bolts. I need the brackets and other "things" to the end pieces and the right bolts and what ever I need to finish this damn project its killing me not finshed yet! I would love for your help if its easier for you we can e-mail eachother. THANKS ALOT my email is [email protected]

I bought stainless steel bolts at Lowes to mount mine. Carl's brackets work very well. Biggest Issue I had was finally deciding to drill the holes after checking and rechecking and then rechecking again. Everything has worked out great with the mountings.

I bought stainless steel bolts at Lowes to mount mine. Carl's brackets work very well. Biggest Issue I had was finally deciding to drill the holes after checking and rechecking and then rechecking again. Everything has worked out great with the mountings.

yeah im afraid of that to! you drilled holes above the taillights? for the end pieces? im so affraid this truck is my heart and soul!

yeah im afraid of that to! you drilled holes above the taillights? for the end pieces? im so affraid this truck is my heart and soul!

Yes the paper template places the holes, I spent about an hour just looking at where I had the template taped in place---I was really apprehensive, but it worked great!