Hid Lights On Sss

jtmarine02

To any memeber who has any input from experience or hear say, whats the difference between HID ballast for Hi/Lo beam bulbs? I mean can I use the same ballast, I know that the High bulbs are 9005 and the lo bulbs are 9006, but is there a difference other than that when dealing with HID's? I was looking at buying 2 sets of the slim digital 35W HID kits, one for the highs and one for the low beams, but ive heard that I might need bi-xenon ballast for the high's?????? Any input is appreciated! Thanks

To any memeber who has any input from experience or hear say, whats the difference between HID ballast for Hi/Lo beam bulbs? I mean can I use the same ballast, I know that the High bulbs are 9005 and the lo bulbs are 9006, but is there a difference other than that when dealing with HID's? I was looking at buying 2 sets of the slim digital 35W HID kits, one for the highs and one for the low beams, but ive heard that I might need bi-xenon ballast for the high's?????? Any input is appreciated! Thanks

I have hid in all four and I didn't need any special ballast for the hi-beams, I think that as long as you order the right bulb size you won't have any problems, oh and by the way I paid 40 dollars for the hids on ebay, when I bought them my friend told me that they were not going to last since they were the "cheap" ones but I've had them for almost 2 years and no problemsChevy_anim.gif

I have hid in all four and I didn't need any special ballast for the hi-beams, I think that as long as you order the right bulb size you won't have any problems, oh and by the way I paid 40 dollars for the hids on ebay, when I bought them my friend told me that they were not going to last since they were the "cheap" ones but I've had them for almost 2 years and no problemsChevy_anim.gif

Nice! Thanks man!

same here. go with the "cheap ones" iv had my $50 hids for about 2 years now with zero problems. I know guys that have paid 250 for them and have had flickering problems and one always not wanting to come on lol.gif

I've installed a crap load of hid's. The digital 'slim' ballasts seem to hold up real well, i haven't replaced one yet. They are defiantly better then the old fat analog ones. i picked up my last set for $55 shipped on ebay.