Shift Kit A Good Mod?

Bought the truck with just under 100K miles, 103K now, and by the looks of the oil in my front dif, I don't think the previous owner every changed any fluids besides the motor. So I wanna change the oil in my tranny and everything else real soon and was thinking about doing the shift kit in my tranny right away. Hate the slow 1-2 shift, 2-3 is pretty good though (or do I have another problem?) Would this be too rough on my tranny or will it still hold up good for a while? Truck is stock besides a tune... Also what's a good brand shift kit or where to get it?

you could get ahold of zippy. he can hook you up with everything you need. if your tranny isnt slipping adding a shift kit and all related components will not casue it to wear out faster. from what i understand it actually helps longevity since it limits the slippage between shifts.

I use the trans-go HD2 in my truck along with corvette 1-2 servo then a sonnax billet 4th servo and with all my other mods and my tune its perfect! I honestly wouldnt beat on any GM 4l60e or 4l65e tranny with out a shift kit atleast not the ones Ive driven they feel like there held together with rubber bands stock! A shift kit is 100% a good mod! I have heard awesome things about zippys shift kit too so thats another option also for any other little tranny parts you might want you can also check out www.oregonperformancetransmission.com thats where ive always gotten my stuff aside from the shift kit I got from summit since its cheaper. Ive also heard of some installing them selves but theres alot of little parts and what not in the kits so I always have my tranny guy do it that way I know its right!