Powdercoating Ideas

stg313

I just recently started a small powdercoating business with my buddy, specializing in motorcycle parts. I am trying to figure out some stuff I can powdercoat on the truck. Any ideas? So far I have only powdercoated my exhaust tips black to match the murdered look of the truck..... Any more recommendations?

I just recently started a small powdercoating business with my buddy, specializing in motorcycle parts. I am trying to figure out some stuff I can powdercoat on the truck. Any ideas? So far I have only powdercoated my exhaust tips black to match the murdered look of the truck..... Any more recommendations?

i like those rims but i think they would look good with that chome lip p'c blackbiggrinjester.gif

i like those rims but i think they would look good with that chome lip p'c blackbiggrinjester.gif

Yup that is definitely on the to do list, along with the stockers. I just gotta get an oven large enough to swallow a 24! People say you shouldnt do it in your kitchen oven because of the fumes so I guess I will wait. A local powdercoating business wants $600 to do each set! F that!

Check out this site. http://forum.caswellplating.com/oven-building-forum/

I do small parts in a over sized oven that isn't used for cooking, and I have been chipping away at a 3'x4'x6' 15,000w oven for the past year. I will have around $1200 in it and that is with the framing and sheet metal, insulation, PLC controllers, heating elements, removable sections, fan, a trolley set up, and a spray booth. So if you take that $600 you would pay that company and stick it into a home made oven and get two more sets of wheels to pc you will be making a profit.

Check out that site if you want to know the ins and outs of it. It was a huge help for me.