Electric Fans Don'T Turn On

Thanks for all of the answers to my other questions. The previous owner isn't helping and i really don't know much about this truck. The problem is that the electric fans aren't turning on and it's overheating. It looks like it's wired into a harness.

Thanks for all of the answers to my other questions. The previous owner isn't helping and i really don't know much about this truck. The problem is that the electric fans aren't turning on and it's overheating. It looks like it's wired into a harness.

what year truck..and do u know what efans they are? if there an aftermarket kit..theres probly a power box between the harness and the fans..and theres more then likey a fuse blown in that box..i just had that happen to me..hopefully its just an easy fix like that

What year is the truck?

What brand of fans? (stock or aftermarket?)

Can you post pics of what you're working with?

All e-fans will have fuses, check for blown fuses. They will also have relays, you could have a bad relay.

Can you find/see the relays/fuses?

Mr. P.

2003 SS. Twin turbo. Like i said i don't know anything about this truck and i'm broke after buying it and trying to fix it on the cheap. A fuse. OK, just go ahead and hit me in the head with a hammer.

This is not an expensive problem to fix. 99% of the time, the fans themselves are just fine and the problem is the control harness. Since 2003 trucks did not have efans, I will need to see a pic of what you have; both a pic of the fans as well as a pic of the relay harness that controls them. Or you can ask the original owner if they used a factory harness, a Nelson harness, a Blackbear harness, a Flex-a-Lite controller, a SPAL controller, my harness (HPM), or if they invented their own. We cannot troubleshoot until we know what parts we are dealing with.

Mr. P.