Oil On Plugs

hey guys im wondering a few things, i have seen oil on my plugs and have burned oil in the past but dont notice it anymore. im wondering if my valve seals, (which i swear we changed them with my cam swap) are bad or just oil in the pcv system? i have seen lots of oil in the vacuum lines especially from the top of the manifold to the rear driverside pcv hose.

It's all PCV system related; search my modified PCV system posts. You need the Ford PCV valve (immediately!), a modified 'breather' oil fill cap, and remove the intake from the truck and wash the 1/2-quart of oil out of it at the car wash. You can do DIY for $25-30, or if you elect to buy the Casper's vented oil fill cap then the cost is more like $50-60.

If you can afford the catch can, get the CSR-851 from Summit Racing for $80, along with a couple of brass hose adapter fittings from Lowes/HD and 3-feet of 3/8" hose.

Mr. P. :)

PS - valvestem seals don't give intermittent problems; once they've failed, the motor ALWAYS sucks oil down the intake valve stems, not just occasionally. I highly doubt you have failed valve stem seals. Also, if ALL the plugs are fouled versus just one or two, then the issue is most likely oil vapor entering the intake.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

* PCV Valve #E5ZZ-6A666-A ($10, Ford dealer only)

* Spectre Valve Cover Filter/Breather #3995 ($13, O'Reilly Auto)

gracias senor!!!! im going to mississippi this weekend for my moms 50th bday so ill do it next week after my test. also for my birthday my dad is buying me a 1500$ beater car for school so the truck will finally be a garage slut. im gonna get new lt's as well along with a catchcan so hopefully all of that will be good. im still trying to figure out the sound. its not my converter. all 3 were tight. im also leaking oil barely from the pan somewhere or maybe just the drain plug but there is oil on the front of the pan so who knows.

gracias senor!!!! im going to mississippi this weekend for my moms 50th bday so ill do it next week after my test. also for my birthday my dad is buying me a 1500$ beater car for school so the truck will finally be a garage slut. im gonna get new lt's as well along with a catchcan so hopefully all of that will be good. im still trying to figure out the sound. its not my converter. all 3 were tight. im also leaking oil barely from the pan somewhere or maybe just the drain plug but there is oil on the front of the pan so who knows.

Garage sluts rule. :pimp:

Sound - I would have to drive it in person. Just to be sure, remove the main accessory belt and take the truck for a 90-second test drive (when cold) and see if you still have the sound. Also try a test run without the A/C belt. At least eliminate the accessories as suspects. The issue may possibly still be your converter (internal failure). Lemme know how it goes on the road to/from MS. When you say oil do you mean engine oil from the front of the engine oil pan? We may have not completely sealed-up the front timing chain cover.

Garage sluts rule. pimp.gif

Sound - I would have to drive it in person. Just to be sure, remove the main accessory belt and take the truck for a 90-second test drive (when cold) and see if you still have the sound. Also try a test run without the A/C belt. At least eliminate the accessories as suspects. The issue may possibly still be your converter (internal failure). Lemme know how it goes on the road to/from MS. When you say oil do you mean engine oil from the front of the engine oil pan? We may have not completely sealed-up the front timing chain cover.

Mr. P. smile.gif

im not driving it to mississippi. yes oil but its not from the cap. ill check to make sure its not that as well. i think its on the front of the pan underneath the center of the motor. also ill see more when i get back about the sound.