How Much Gain Will This Give Me

In line with Mr.P's/Brobrads truck idea, CHP (chevy high performance, not me) did some testing on a radix's truck and found that slowing the h/e waterpump via reducing voltage from 12+ volts to 10 with a resistor netted a lower IAT temp by as much as 20* due to the fact that the coolent spent more time in the heat exchangers.

In line with Mr.P's/Brobrads truck idea, CHP (chevy high performance, not me) did some testing on a radix's truck and found that slowing the h/e waterpump via reducing voltage from 12+ volts to 10 with a resistor netted a lower IAT temp by as much as 20* due to the fact that the coolent spent more time in the heat exchangers.

reallly?? on a stock system 20*..wow.. looks like its time to find out what resistor it is..lol

• 2 months later...

This turned out to a very informative thread thanks to everyone on this board. Especially to Kevin thumbsup.gif Thank you for all of the advice.

Using that advice i was able to go from 12.67 at 104 mph to 12.21 at 110 mph!!!! The biggest gains for me were just tweaking the tune. Getting the truck the maintain around 20 degrees throughout the run were the key! I have more in it, but will need another day at the track in the nice weather to find them. I believe Methanol injection will help my cause immensely as I was getting some knock retard trying to maintain 20 throughout the run. In reality I had 20 through a big portion of the run and was getting 19 - 19.5 through other parts of the run in 3rd.

I was also still getting low 1.7's due to tire spin. If I can get it to hook better, get some meth on there so I can maintain 20 throughout the run with no kr, and also with my new forthcoming mods (e-fans and 90mm tb upgrade) I think I will see high 11s easy. I'm also very interested in doing the intercooler upgrade (inside the plenum) but I'm hesistant of spending 1200 bucks on a radix blower........

Either way, I'm very happy with the results so far an amazed at the potential of this package just with some tuning! Props to Kevin for sharing so much hard earned knowledge! It made my road a lot easier.

P.S. This was at a 5500 lb race weight (no weight trimmings whatsoever). I weigh 280 and I had the speaker box, tonneau cover, and stock wheels and tires on it. I wanted to run the truck exactly as I drive it. I think removing seats, spare tires, tonneau covers, speaker boxes, etc is kind of extreme and not very accurate. My humble opinion of course.

Thanks Steve!

I hope it gains a little from those e-fans too I got from you! They are truly a work of art, if nothing else it will look nice when I have the hood up smile.gif

WOW :thumbs: Almost 1/2-second improvement!! And gaining 6-MPH is stellar! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)