Need Help

banghead.gif i took my truck to the dyno on aug-7-10 for a re-tune due some mods, during this tune something went wrong and a piston broke so they gave me a price to fix it with forged pistons and tuned again the price was 4,880 4 everything, time for job 2 weeks wich turned to 2 months!!!! yes 2 months, so now that i got my truck back the a/c didnt work and i didnt pay much attention to it, i tought it would be missing freon gas due to engine removal, so now i went to a friend shop to have it fixed from a/c but no gas missing!! he used the snap-on tool to diagnostic and it reads the a/c control when pushed to activate a/c but it does not engage the a/c clutch, so he controled the a/c trough this snap-on tool and a/c works fine, all fuces and relays are fine, my friend sais that on the a/c wiring diagram shows that the a/c is controled by pcm, and not bcm, so it could be that some how during the tunning this a/c feature might been deactivated??????

this guys use hp tuner's, and now 215 miles away from this shop I NEED U R HELP,banghead.gif

at pickup day i paid cash hoping they would say," hey eddie as it took use far more time that stated wi will refund you 100 per month so here you go 200 back, but no didnt hapend, and who this guys are:

D.T.S. - Strictly Performance

The official So Cal tuner of SmokinVette!

7444 Reseda Blvd. Suite K.

Reseda, CA 91335

818-342-5693 Shop

818-262-7409 Cell

Edited by detjoe
font too large. (see edit history)

so the wires to the compressor are fine?

How about the the condensor pressor switch?

I am not at my tuning computer to look at tables, but they would know if they truned off something in the tune.

BUMP for ya...anyone else have ideas?

That shop is like 20 mins from where i live...

Wish i could help, but i dont know shiot about your problem...Sorry. Let me know if you want me to go raise hell for you!

damn, i wish i knew you at least one month ago so you could do me the favor to go to that shop and then raice hell due i couldnt, due to over 220 mile away, and they didnt even had the decency to answer my calls!!!!!!!!!!!

damn, i wish i knew you at least one month ago so you could do me the favor to go to that shop and then raice hell due i couldnt, due to over 220 mile away, and they didnt even had the decency to answer my calls!!!!!!!!!!!

Well Ya sabes pa next time bro!pepsicheer.gif

Edited by OneSlickSilvy (see edit history)

fans work fine them selfs but not with a/c. only temp activates them.......

not with a/c because your a/c is not working, right? or did they not work when your a/c was working too? if not, your discharge/high pressure switch may be goofed up.

might be a stupid suggestion but maybe someone over looked it ... what a bout the a/c belt? or is it not turning on at all?

he can command the a/c to run with the "snap-on tool," and works great.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

The snap-on tool wont by-pass any low or high pressure switches as they are mechanical,they work with pressure not current.If they were able to turn on your ac system with the snap-on tool then its by-passing the the main switch as the snap-on tool is energizing the ac clutch relay by sending ground to the relay.Try energizing the ac clutch relay by jumping it out and see what happends!

Their is a couple of tables in our tune that would disable the ac,have a good tuner look at your tune and have him look at your ac parameters on your idle.

Edited by blackbeast ss (see edit history)

The snap-on tool wont by-pass any low or high pressure switches as they are mechanical,they work with pressure not current.If they were able to turn on your ac system with the snap-on tool then its by-passing the the main switch as the snap-on tool is energizing the ac clutch relay by sending ground to the relay.Try energizing the ac clutch relay by jumping it out and see what happends!

Their is a couple of tables in our tune that would disable the ac,have a good tuner look at your tune and have him look at your ac parameters on your idle.

yes i already added ground to the ac relay and it does work!! but working normally the a/c turns on the fans also if set in low it would ingage and desingage a/c clutch in order not to rice presure., truck is still in my buddys shop till tomorrow he will try some thing from pcm, al let you know!!!!shakehead.gif