Hit 115Mph Today, Still Had More

KAC1023

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cant figure out how you guys are going 130+ on A STOCK TUNE!!!

They are not, most likely their trucks have a previous tune on them... even if VSS fails, there is still a cut-off speed

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

:withstupid:

:withstupid:

The factory limits the PCM in the AWD trucks to 108-mph; the 2WD trucks are limited to 98-mph. Yup your truck has a lot more, after installing my shift kit, Corsa Sport, and CAI I flew by a group of about 60 bikers north of Glen Rose TX, and the truck upshifted into 4th 2/3rds of the way through the passing and kept on going, that's somewhere north of 134-mph. :dunno:

Mr. P. :)

Mr. P...My 06 2wd stop at 108-mph.

Hmmmm correct me if I am wrong but I thought those handheld tuners will not allow you to exceed the stock limiter more than 10% due to the tires max MPH rating due to the liability.......

:nonod: Nope, mine is set at like 155, due to the SC. Diablosport FTW (so far)

Yeah i ran into the same thing givin my buddy a ride. he asked hey man you ever seen what itll do and i was like nah so i nailed it and stalled at 110 ish and let out and it shifted into OD. so i was like what the heck??

looked at some specs and it says it has top speed limiter at 109 mph

and looked at the shift points, because of the 109 mph limiter 3rd gear ends around 4200 rpm and fourth is like 3500

thanks to hypertech i get to change top speed limiter to whatever i want.. so now i can turn 6000 in fourth!! haha i havent done it and dont know what stretch of road i can get rollin on

but that was my experience

Yeah i ran into the same thing givin my buddy a ride. he asked hey man you ever seen what itll do and i was like nah so i nailed it and stalled at 110 ish and let out and it shifted into OD. so i was like what the heck??

looked at some specs and it says it has top speed limiter at 109 mph

and looked at the shift points, because of the 109 mph limiter 3rd gear ends around 4200 rpm and fourth is like 3500

thanks to hypertech i get to change top speed limiter to whatever i want.. so now i can turn 6000 in fourth!! haha i havent done it and dont know what stretch of road i can get rollin on

but that was my experience

not so, you will have a higher top end, but hypertech will not modify the WOT 3-4 shift, so the truck will not shift into 4th when you are WOT, you will have to back of the throttle enough for the shift to happen, and when it does you might not have enough power to accelerate, and if you go WOT in 4th, It should downshift back into 3rd... One of the many drawback of a handheld tunner

not so, you will have a higher top end, but hypertech will not modify the WOT 3-4 shift, so the truck will not shift into 4th when you are WOT, you will have to back of the throttle enough for the shift to happen, and when it does you might not have enough power to accelerate, and if you go WOT in 4th, It should downshift back into 3rd... One of the many drawback of a handheld tunner

I ran it at the strip the other night and was just goin through the tune and bumped the limiter from stock to like 124 i think. nah i know ill never hit 6000rpm in 4th i was jokin around. but your sayin it wont stay in OD while WOT.? Its not like i ever go that fast and by no means did i need to bump it up at the strip cuz im goin through the traps at like 73 haha but it was for kicks and giggles.

I ran it at the strip the other night and was just goin through the tune and bumped the limiter from stock to like 124 i think. nah i know ill never hit 6000rpm in 4th i was jokin around. but your sayin it wont stay in OD while WOT.? Its not like i ever go that fast and by no means did i need to bump it up at the strip cuz im goin through the traps at like 73 haha but it was for kicks and giggles.

In all honesty I do not remeber exactly what the Hypertech does since it has been a log time since I last played with one, but it is only worth what ever you are willing to pay for a paper weight..