Anodized Paint On Eng Covers?

Anyone use the Dupli color anodized paints on their engine covers?

I imagine scuffing and an adhesion promoter would be needed, but that's ok. I don't plan on smoothing them out tho.

Is there a black version of it?

Edited by finallyss (see edit history)

If you are wanting "black chrome" engine covers, then no the Duplicolor Metalcast products won't work. Look for a company local to you that does plastic chrome plating, it's a fairly new process where they take your part and spray paint a high-quality shiny chrome metalic paint coat, then they lay down a candy coat to simulate an anodized finish. My $0.02.

Mr. P. :)

Ok, thanks guys... good ideas.Chevy_anim.gif

I think I'll be painting them a metallic black and clear coat the sh*t out of them. I want them to stand out I guess. If

they turn out good enuf, I think I'll go crazy under the hood with it.

Well first thing's first, I need to cut them up to fit. So no one has a top/center cover laying around?

So I take it at a minimum I'll need to scuff and adhesion promote them, right?

Why couldn't I be related to Chip Foose or something?

Ok, still contemplating this... what about hammer finish? Saw it at Homer Depot, seems high gloss black and hammer finish, and it sticks to plastic too, so a lot less (oxy moron, sry) prep work. and I still plan on clear coating the hell out of them.

They also have metallic paint that sticks to plastic, but not in black, bastards... gotta be black!chillpill.gif

Ok, still contemplating this... what about hammer finish? Saw it at Homer Depot, seems high gloss black and hammer finish, and it sticks to plastic too, so a lot less (oxy moron, sry) prep work. and I still plan on clear coating the hell out of them.

They also have metallic paint that sticks to plastic, but not in black, bastards... gotta be black!chillpill.gif

Bump. Just wondering if anyones gone this route.