Where Should I Get My Camaro Signed By Mario?

AUTOGUY

I have finally been able to get an appointment with Mario Andretti to show him my 2010 Pace Car he set up for me to buy with GM. I will be taking it up to his house on Monday afternoon.

I am going to have him sign the car somewhere, but have not yet decided where.

For those that are wondering what the significance of this is, check the story here..... http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2024726#post2024726

IMG_3677.jpg

Any Ideas?

Edited by AUTOGUY (see edit history)

im assuming somewhere in the interior. somewhere were you wont have to clean very often so you dont were it off.

Most likely. I was thinking right on the dash in the passenger side with a Silver Sharpie .

ya, what color is your camaro again ? orangey red? try and get a sharpie to match your paint , that would be cool, if you cant get close enough then do silver.

prob would put it right infront of where the passenger sits. sorta where the air bag things are on the SSS

Edited by 03silv.ss (see edit history)

ya, what color is your camaro again ? orangey red? try and get a sharpie to match your paint , that would be cool, if you cant get close enough then do silver.

prob would put it right infront of where the passenger sits. sorta where the air bag things are on the SSS

That is exactly where I was thinking.

could do it on the seats and have it stitched over dunno.gif maybe personalize the autograph with ur name or somthin

I like this idea.

My fear about the dash was ** heaven forbid ** it get into an accident and the a/b deploys destroying the whole thing....I mean I would hope that wouldn't happen but the idea above makes it permanent.

Definitely a cool thing to happen! :)

If it were me, (which it isn't) I would have him sign something that is removable and able to be replaced easily ( Sun Visor, interior trim part etc.) That way you can have that autograph all the time without having to worry about it getting scratched, faded, or as mentioned above ruined. Like if you are taking it to a car show, put it on, and when your driving some teen prom queen in a parade who is wearing heels, and jewelry that can scratch it up, put on the other part...

Just what I would do with something so significant with the story, and the friendship you have with him. It might be a once in a lifetime thing to have this experiance and the autograph will last a lifetime.

he knows the guy...so it wont be so once in a lifetime deal.

on Stewarts Imp ss, jon moss's sig is on the trunk lid...does not detract from car, pop trunk and its at eye level for all to see.

the window sticker?

the airbag flag thing? I see those left on new cars alot (you could buuy a new one for him to sign and put back on car)

sunvisor is a good idea.

Take pics of the event, him and the car, hium sitting in the seat signing it...for this to add to the value documentation is everything

title the car over to him and back to you :) then he is on the POA :)

I dont know how but try to have him take his time...so its ledgable, some autographs look like WHAT?