Dbw To Dbc

danny68ss

probably and it would cost to do it i was researching it once bf bc i was trying to do it but it was to much involved with it so i just bought a nick williams 102 and a xlink and the wot switch that allowed the throttle body to go wide open bc i think the stock dont

:withstupid: It's all in the tuning; the drive-by-wire TB has *no* problem opening the butterfly as fast as your foot. If you want to mod, get your TB ported and polished along with a good tune, that will improve off-idle response.

Mr. P. :)

I was just wondering why his stock 154000 mile truck seams so much more peppy than my ss that is the biggest difference I can see

there is a difference between the two, Throttle cable is a direct link between the pedal and the TB, the problesm for GM is that they can not control peoples foot with regards to the longevity of the drive train. with DBW they can, The table that dictates the TB opening in a DBW truck looks like an expnential curve, It is not a one-to-one relation, therefore throttle seems "laggy". another reason for this is so that throttle is not as jerky when going over bumps causing bump acceleration form the minimal movement of your foot on the pedal. Like I said before, you can make your throttle table become a one-to-one relation and have a DBW act like a DBC truck, but you run the risk of burning up the TAC module. TUNNER BE WARE of the possible consequenses of modifying the tables to much from stock