Lights On When You Open Door?

I was just wondering if this is normal or not.. The interior lights in my truck only come on manually, or when I lock/unlock the truck, never when I simply open the door. Is this normal? I thought the light was always supposed to turn on when opening the door, is there an easy fix? Bugs me when I need to get something out of it when it's dark and I have to turn on the light or look in the dark..

there is a little button looks like a tube almost that sticks out under your headlight switch. if its pushed in then the lights are off but if its out then the lights should be on

was this what you were talking about?

I'll have to try that...

Yeah like Hang42 said

haha its funny the simple things that get overlooked with these trucks. Another great example is the automatically folding mirrors......

I've heard of that one, but never tried it... But did learn the same day that I figured out about this light, that the 2 sets of keys control driver settings 1 and 2.

Learned this by locking keys in my truck and waiting 20-30 minutes in town for them banghead.gif