Who'S Lay'N Down Big Power To A Nvg149?

Hello All

MY First post here. :)

I am a TBSS owner. :) I'm geting ready to do an AWD 4l80e swap. The TBSS uses a NV120 T3 Torsen transfer case. No one has ever push one HARD that I can find, but have been told the NVG149 can take BIG power. There are other issues in using the NV120 as well...

Who around here is lay'n down 1000+awhp and is holding up? Are there upgrades that can be made on a NVG149?

Thanks

Ross

First off welcome to the site.

As for your question though. We are going to have to wait a few weeks and see if it will hold this. http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=52658

I'm not sure what HP#'s on it is yet but if it should be close if not a little more.

As for upgrading parts on the 149, I am not aware of any upgrades but some of the other guys with more knowledge on them might give you some more info.

I know that most when needing rebuild, that were behind some power, cannot be rebuilt as the case is usually damaged. The rebuild is rather simple, just a chain. Guys have had failures, but not related to power more from abuse or driving style. With the TBSS's shorter wheel base I would wonder if there is a higher chance of 'turning while on the gas" which I have heard the transfer cases do not like.

Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

I know that most when needing rebuild, that were behind some power, cannot be rebuilt as the case is usually damaged. The rebuild is rather simple, just a chain. Guys have had failures, but not related to power more from abuse or driving style. With the TBSS's shorter wheel base I would wonder if there is a higher chance of 'turning while on the gas" which I have heard the transfer cases do not like.

WOW! Didnt even think about turning. There might be some of that for sure... Right now I'm making 800awtq at 3200rpm and the 4L70 just cant hang on... The stock transfer case should hold up better then an NV149 but there is no way to mate them without a turned down 4l80 output!greddy.gif

Guess there is no easy way to go!banghead.gif

Thanks for the warm welcome! smile.gif

WOW! Didnt even think about turning. There might be some of that for sure... Right now I'm making 800awtq at 3200rpm and the 4L70 just cant hang on... The stock transfer case should hold up better then an NV149 but there is no way to mate them without a turned down 4l80 output!greddy.gif

Guess there is no easy way to go!banghead.gif

Why don't you PM time2kill, he is the one that builds the 4l80 to NVG149 adapter and see if he can build you one

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

Why don't you PM time2kill, he is the one that builds the 4l80 to NVG149 adapter and see if he can build you one

Thanks! I talked to his buddy! No plan to remake a output shaft just for a few TBSS'.sigh.gif Understandable for sure.

So that lead me to this post on the NV149 here. smile.gif Looking more and more like 2wd is the way to go.banghead.gif