E-Fan Harness

danny68ss

I would look on PT.net they have more info about the harnesses, you can mod a single PCm controlled one for dual with the correct diagram, or maybe someone else who has made thier orgianl harness control the high side control thru the PCM.

Nelson also

the nelson harness is a one pin design with an A/C trigger wire, not the same.

Plus, I had a terrible experience with it. It kept on burning up relays, causing my engine to overheat. When I talked to them about it, Nelson just kept on saying to clean the contacts with dielectric grease... After about 8 relays and poor customer service I switched over to an OEM harness

Plus, I had a terrible experience with it. It kept on burning up relays, causing my engine to overheat. When I talked to them about it, Nelson just kept on saying to clean the contacts with dielectric grease... After about 8 relays and poor customer service I switched over to an OEM harness

Sorry for even saying anything... Blackbear

Trying to get ahold of blackbear to order one .

Go to the link on the left hand side of your screen. Order it right online

Sorry for even saying anything... Blackbear

Go to the link on the left hand side of your screen. Order it right online

ok i put the pins in the pcm 42 33 they both show ground i thought it would only ground when the ac was on or the temp was high wanting to make sure the pins worked before i ordered parts they are suposed to be turned on already had it done

ok i put the pins in the pcm 42 33 they both show ground i thought it would only ground when the ac was on or the temp was high wanting to make sure the pins worked before i ordered parts they are suposed to be turned on already had it done

becareful with this as this could end up frying your PCM... the PCM is only designed to ground a very low amount of amps/voltage. It doesnt take much to ground a relay.

How did you test this? was the engine at operating temp... A/C on...

Edited by chpspecial (see edit history)

becareful with this as this could end up frying your PCM... the PCM is only designed to ground a very low amount of amps/voltage. It doesnt take much to ground a relay.

How did you test this? was the engine at operating temp... A/C on...

I had it running AC on about 200 degrees. I wired a relay up to and checked for power it seams to be working. I'm going to make a harness today I found a diagram on performance trucks.net

Looks pretty easy I have all the GM relays. If that don't work I'll try to get ahold of blackbear again.

didn't mean to sound rude, if I did my apologies... I also didn't want the OP getting mixed info.

Your not the first to have issues with the Nelson Harness. MANY have had issues with failed relays. I have no direct experience with the harness however the harnesses are VERY simple in design. I am not sure what the issue was (poor wire / gauge, bad relay source) :dunno:

Sad that the "company" can't correct a what appears a simple fix / design flaw.