Turbo Help

Brunswicks SS

ok hey guys I need some help. Ok i found a turbo kit for my truck but I need to find a turbo manifold and downpipe can anyone help me find one? please post links I alredy looked for it on ebay but found nothin. Remeber im on a budget so try to keep it reasonable. thanks

kbracing96 is his name he is a turbo guy on pt.net youll have to email him to get prices, but he sells all that stuff and can give you a price, i dont know his real name.

ill see if I can find him but is there anyone on here that does this?blink.gif

You could contact nelson performance they have an awesome turbo kit, but I hate to say it if your on a budget Im not sure a turbo is the best option. Not sure of your other mods but as soon as you put that turbo on expect stuff to start breaking unless you have the supporting mods such as built tranny good rear end and perfect tuning especially if your going to turbo that LQ9 usually high compression motors dont like turbos unless your tune is dead nuts. Ill say again im not sure of your other mods but if your on a budget id search elsewear for horsepower simpley because usually turboing a silverado isnt much of a budget build, and unless your going to build it right the first time with all the best parts your pretty much waisting time and money because things will break they may not break right away but it wont take long especially with a good amount of boost, if your truck already has a built tranny and other supporting mods and you really want to turbo it then I say go ahead but if you dont have supporting mods I say look elsewear for horsepower! Not trying to rain on your parade just trying to help you out in the long run! But if you do want to look into it more check out nelson performance the owner Allen has a really good kit that hes had awesome results from and he actually uses the stock manifolds and just takes the passenger side manifold and turns it upside down, youll see if you check it out!

You could contact nelson performance they have an awesome turbo kit, but I hate to say it if your on a budget Im not sure a turbo is the best option. Not sure of your other mods but as soon as you put that turbo on expect stuff to start breaking unless you have the supporting mods such as built tranny good rear end and perfect tuning especially if your going to turbo that LQ9 usually high compression motors dont like turbos unless your tune is dead nuts. Ill say again im not sure of your other mods but if your on a budget id search elsewear for horsepower simpley because usually turboing a silverado isnt much of a budget build, and unless your going to build it right the first time with all the best parts your pretty much waisting time and money because things will break they may not break right away but it wont take long especially with a good amount of boost, if your truck already has a built tranny and other supporting mods and you really want to turbo it then I say go ahead but if you dont have supporting mods I say look elsewear for horsepower! Not trying to rain on your parade just trying to help you out in the long run! But if you do want to look into it more check out nelson performance the owner Allen has a really good kit that hes had awesome results from and he actually uses the stock manifolds and just takes the passenger side manifold and turns it upside down, youll see if you check it out!

well my turbo kit from a un named connection is 600$ but i also need a turbo manifold and downpipe and can hold past 600hp which I wont hit. My supporting mods are CAI, CB Exhaust, 3000 stall. and thats about it I will only wanna run about 9 PSI so nothin serious and if you dont think I should turbo what would you guys recomend? I have about 1000 bucks and those mods CAI and stall have not been bought yet so add those. Thanks guys please have prices with items.dunno.gif

Edited by Brunswicks SS (see edit history)

i dont think youll get a turbo in your truck for 1000 bucks, unless you find all the parts cheap, do your own install, even then pretty tough, for a thousand bucks you could either do long tube headers and prob some tranny work to keep it strong, or you could save up and find a used maggie or procharger for like 2500-3000 bucks. either way once you start adding power to these trucks your gonna wanna start put some money into the trans

Well although thats a really good deal on the kit you got but your stock tranny wont like that turbo very much for very long even with 9lbs of boost it might be hold that power for a little while but not too long and with a turbo kit you wont use that CAI. I dont want to offend you but the words turbo and budget dont go together its not just a slap on and go mod especially on the LQ9 your going to have to have your tune spot on since it is a high compression motor. I mean if your dead set on putting a turbo on your truck the way it sits by all means do so but its going to break not far down the road and then youll be dumping more money into it. Id say the $1000 wont be near enough. Like if it were me and I were going to turbo my truck the way it sits which tranny wise I have a shift kit and servos but thats still not quite enough to hold a turbo but if I were going to do it I wouldnt even start buying stuff unless I had around 10 grand to spend because a good turbo kit costs around 4 to 5 grand unless you fab one up yourself then it might be cheaper but then id want the best built tranny so that would be more plus Id want to do valve train mods do a good turbo cam and then find a daily driver because a turbo truck is not a reliable daily driver. Then im not sure what cat back exhaust you have but you pretty much can toss that to the side too because youll pretty much need to have a custom set up made to connect to all the turbo piping as well as youll want to run bigger exhaust tubing with a turbo set up. If your budget is $1000 Id say scrap any type of forced induction wheather it be a turbo or supercharger becuse thats not enough to do it right and any type of forced induction is something you want to do more than right the first time. If I were you and I had $1000 bucks to spend Id get a set of Long tube headers, a spectre CAI, a good tune from someone like nelson performance, wheatley, black bear and so on, dont get any hand held programmers, then if you have some money left over Id do an electric fan set up, I would say do a cam but if you do a cam youll need the cam and a converter to match that cam which youll want to buy a good quality converter and that will get up there in price too. I say start with some long tube headers a CAI and a good tune and then if your dead set on doing a turbo then save money like crazy and do it right the first time.

thanks for that great info and thats what I thought thats why ii asked. And im actually pretty good around a car just for some reason I get so dumb around this truck. I dont know why. Those were my original plan on headers, CAI, and a tune but I want one more thing just dont know what. maybe a stall. who knows but thanks

No problem glad I could help. In the future I plan to turbo as well but Im going to find either another LQ9 or an LQ4 and build it for boost outside of the truck that way everything is set up perfect, Id love to do it now but I just cant afford everything at once so I bought some coated pacesetter Longtubes because they are pretty good quality and wont rust so theyll look good for a while then I bought a spectre CAI which was on the cheaper side as well that way Im not spending tons of money on stuff that wont be on the truck forever when I do the turbo set up. My advise to you is take that $1000 and buy a set of the ebay stainless longtube headers there the cheapest and are good quality, then you can either customize the Y pipe that comes with the headers to work on the SS or have a shop make you a custom Y pipe to work or if you can weld or know someone who can weld or have a shop do it connect the headers to the stock Y pipe and either delete the cats or get some high flow cats then it will connect to the catback exhaust you have now, then with the left over money get a spectre CAI also cheap and good quality then get a good tune from either nelson performance wheatley blackbear or someone like that then if you have a little bit left over you could do a shift kit and servos in the tranny and it will make the tranny shift way way better. Thats pretty much my exact set up and Im happy with it for now until I can afford to do more. And if you still want to do a turbo just make sure you have enough money set aside to do everything the right away the first time! Its not something that you can really try to cut corners on or save money on or that you want to cut corners on because I personally would rather enjoy it and have it be reliable rather than jump the gun and drive it for a week then have things start breaking!