Upgraded The Site

sk_josh

• Admin

Howdy guys!

Today we upgraded the forum software and I am pleased to give you an overview of some new features.

Topic Preview

Yes, we finally have topic preview! It may be slightly different then what you are used to, but it works. When viewing the topic list, to the right of a top you will now see a new icon that looks like this: topicpreview.png

You can use this feature to view an intro of the first AND last post. hooray!

Upgraded Search

The search feature for the site is slightly upgraded, allowing you to select the area of the site you wish to search.

Comments in Status Updates

You can now directly comment on other's status updates. Give it a try! No more trying to figure out who was responding to who.

Profile Customization

You can now choose an image to be your profile background. They can even automatically have your Twitter background imported.

There are some other small changes that aren't really worth mentioning. Let us know what you think of the new features :cheers:

I love the Topic Preview! :) I was very much used to that on other sites.

One thing I miss is the Bolded topics that I have not yet read since my last login. I actually have to look at the times to see if it's from today or not. The Category (off-topic, pictures, etc) are bolded but not the actual threads. Can this be altered? Just makes for easier browsing on threads I haven't been in yet today!

:) :)

Thanks for the updates though!

90% of the time I'm on here with my iPhone and it's gonna suck if it's going to stay like this. Sorry I don't wanna be a cry baby but it's just I love this site and I don't want to not be on it as much just because of this.

I love the Topic Preview! :) I was very much used to that on other sites.

One thing I miss is the Bolded topics that I have not yet read since my last login. I actually have to look at the times to see if it's from today or not. The Category (off-topic, pictures, etc) are bolded but not the actual threads. Can this be altered? Just makes for easier browsing on threads I haven't been in yet today!

:) :)

Thanks for the updates though!

this

Bingo. Your seeing the mobile version. I'll look at it tomorrow and see if we want to turn the mobile version off or not. In the meantime you can scroll down and select view full version

Thanks for the clue on turning the mobile version off. I was worried for a minute. Personally, I am not a fan of the mobile version. The new upgrades to the full version are a welcome addition though!