How I Spent Last Week

I spent last week at our warehouse in Boulder Colorado. Went out for a few reasons, mainly to nail down the final version of our new aggressive polish/pad combo. More on that in a moment, but lets start this off the right way.

A customer dropped this beauty off for us, we had detailed it a few weeks ago and now hes decided to sell it. Mario and I were handed the keys so it got a quick wash and cleanup then we enjoyed a jaunt up into the local hills (making sure to drive past the college :D ) then stopped at a nice turnout to snap pics for the listing. $150,000 and shes all yours

7a2cc1bf.jpg

3282a69c.jpg

5ffa15da.jpg

48cc8167.jpg

fbe28c93.jpg

1a5af215.jpg

eed47bcf.jpg

39d450ab.jpg

ce5150f6.jpg

01f9cf71.jpg

c471e339.jpg

82de6490.jpg

70566614.jpg

5b9173e6.jpg

d0e68dcd.jpg

ff21d667.jpg

e4a88087.jpg

af0d6f02.jpg

2a11f25a.jpg

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Now onto the product testing.

This car was never gonna win any beauty contest... 27k miles of pretty much no love / no wax in nasty colorado winters and this thing was simply hammered. Great subject to put the finalized version of Adam's Mean Green Polish thru its paces, finalize pad design, and verify the new product worked well with both the flex and the PC.

So heres our subject *Warning - If you hate neglected cars you may want to look away now*

dc9702a5.jpg

74099e98.jpg

590d5dcf.jpg

702755b2.jpg

Jose was kind enough to knock out a quick wash so we could get this thing inside and get down to testing. Adam took on the clay bar portion of our endeavor

4748bf6d.jpg

7e8189f2.jpg

A couple of areas were designated for various testing purposes.

6e79d27e.jpg

0372df60.jpg

873a8745.jpg

Mario took first crack

[608e2aeb.jpg

d32bc211.jpg

I took on a different variation on the hood

a4bbb391.jpg

754a5edc.jpg

1cc5861c.jpg

Everyone got in on the testing and observations including our flex rep

0d063259.jpg

Once we had come to a final conclusion on product testing the car was then knocked out using the new GREEN>ORANGE>WHITE process and pulled outside for a final look. We weren't going for 100% correction simply b/c this car was a test mule, but we got it to about 85%. The heavy key marks and pitting were beyond even saving with wet sanding.

After correction the car got a coat of Americana, the glass was hit with Brilliant Glaze, and the interior got a vacuum, clean, and conditioning.

Jose threw down a generous helping of Super VRT on the tires

ce58c2d7.jpg

03b5fa82.jpg

1c390b48.jpg

46b12850.jpg

e44997f2.jpg

That's probably the best that Audi's ever looked.

Do you have any feedback on the Flex vs PC?

Mr. P. :)

The flex is a great tool, but I don't so much view it as a replacement for the PC as I do a supplement to it. I've been using it for some time now and I still much prefer to finish down with my PC.... so I'll take on the heavier correction with the flex, the forced rotation allows for the use of more substantial abrasives, ones that the PC wouldn't be able to break down effectively. But when I get down to my last stage polishing and finish work I find the PC much better for the job.

Then with the application of a product like our machine superwax where you need a low speed application the Flex is just too much... the force rotation doesn't lend itself well to 'applying' a product. So in those cases I'm still going gray foam on the PC also.

IMO anyone serious about detailing should have both, but if you were to only have ONE tool the PC would be my choice.

Wow, Look at that transformation on that audi!!! I've never used adams before but now am rethinking the products I use. To bad you guys dont have a warehouse over here on the east coast.

We have distributors all over the place... maybe one local to you?

http://www.adamspolishes.com/showdealers.aspx

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)