Help In Some Cams

im planning to put a cam on my 5.3L and i asked my cusin he works at a GM in parts division. he told me a cam from a vett not shur wut year he siad or spec of da vett. just askin if its posible. and the lifters, rockers coming from GM performance. i was thinkin of a comp cam but i dont want it to be to ruff its my evrey day driver gas and smog sheet here in cali. Im also doing my rearend in a week or so. posi trac here i come. no more one leged hooker. peelout.gif

5.3L + C5 Vette Z06 cam + Z06 (yellow) springs + hardened pushrods + new LS2 timing chain & cam sprocket = 335 hp and very good streetability. If you shop carefully you can find a low-mileage Z06 cam used in the internet for $50-75, although now there may not be many 'low mileage' ones anymore. Get the springs, pushrods, and timing chain new. On the S-10 project I believe the total paid for this valvetrain was just over $300, $350 tops and that truck is docile as a pup, passes smog, and runs high-12s.

Mr. P. :)